Open this post in threaded view

Whiteface Conditions

New arrival at Whiteface

D.B. Cooper D.B. Cooper
Reply |

Re: Whiteface Conditions

Right on!  Put 'er to use!
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Z Z
Reply |

Lots of awesome stuff going on at WF.  New snow guns, regrading of green terrain, and loads of lodge construction on both main and bears den.  Lots of thought and good ideas went into this but this season is going to be a work in progress.  Everyone is going to need to be patient for what is to come.
"It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport."
Artic Explorer Fridtjof Nansen
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Let’s Make Snow
WILMINGTON, N.Y. --- Whiteface Mountain, in Wilmington, N.Y., turned on the snowguns today, Tuesday, Nov. 7, and began making snow for its planned Friday, Nov. 24, opening for skiing and riding.

Crews have begun blowing snow from Connector to the mountain’s base.

Photos from today’s snowmaking can be found HERE. Photos courtesy of ORDA/ Whiteface Lake Placid
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to, to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Whiteface is opening Friday.
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to, to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Z Z
Reply |

This Friday Nov 17 or next Nov 24?
"It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport."
Artic Explorer Fridtjof Nansen
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

My mistake. I misread it.
ADmiKe ADmiKe
Reply |

Whiteface just posted on Facebook they are opening THIS weekend! And coincidentally I’m going to be in Lake Placid this weekend for some other stuff - but this would be the earliest I’ve skied...ever.
NorEaster27 NorEaster27
Reply |

The face open Saturdayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
ADmiKe ADmiKe
Reply |

Excellent coverage today - skied first thing in the morning...gondola down via excelsior...can't believe I was skiing on Nov 18th...