Whiteface Conditions

1030 messages Options
123456 ... 103
Hoser Hoser
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Whiteface Conditions

Let me guess,  either by the Ti exit on 87, or just before Stewarts in Keene.
YUKON CORNELIUS YUKON CORNELIUS
Reply |

On 87 North of Chestertown (?) exit. Troopers were EVERYWHERE today. I got pulled over on an empty highway. I was going fast, but it was at the bottom of a long decline...
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
JTG4eva! JTG4eva!
Reply |

In reply to this post by YUKON CORNELIUS
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
Not worth the speeding ticket I got on the way up.
I’m sure quite a few of us have been there......
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
endoftheline endoftheline
Reply |

In reply to this post by YUKON CORNELIUS
Usually don't stop you unless you are doing 80 plus. I always set the CC on 78 and haven't had any problems but you do have to watch the downhill because the old CC wont brake for you.
JTG4eva! JTG4eva!
Reply |

I got nailed once near the Northway end of 73, shortly after the split with 9.   On the way to Whiteface I was doing maybe 65 and the trooper was headed in the opposite direction on 73.  Saw him hit the brakes in my rear view, he turned around and lit me up.  If I recall correctly I plead not guilty and managed a satisfactory outcome through the mail.
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

In reply to this post by Z
WF bar open by 12/23!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by endoftheline
endoftheline wrote
Usually don't stop you unless you are doing 80 plus. I always set the CC on 78 and haven't had any problems but you do have to watch the downhill because the old CC wont brake for you.
I wasn't aware that new cruise controls applied the brakes. We got a new car recently and I haven't had too much opportunity to use the cruise, but I don't think I've seen that happen.  It could be a setting, which I'll never know about because the owners manual is on a CD, which I have no way to access.

Regardless, I don't think I'd like a cruise that applies the brake. I'm looking to max out my mpg.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
D.B. Cooper D.B. Cooper
Reply |

In reply to this post by ScottyJack
The bar's been open for a while.....
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
JTG4eva! JTG4eva!
Reply |

I was NOT looking forward to having to drink my Bloody Mary (s) in a fricken tent!  I mean....of course I would have, but I WOULDN’T have been happy about it.
ADmiKe ADmiKe
Reply |

In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
WF bar open by 12/23!
Smart move - I'm sure if it wasn't open all kinds of xmas week non-regulars would be bitching and whining about the state of the lodge during that week.  I'm imagining WF will see a lot of new first-timers this season with MaxPass...who may be coming to make their own assessment of a place they never been to, but might as well now that they can go on their MaxPasses.  Having that new bar complete would be part of leaving a good impression.
123456 ... 103