Z's worst nightmare

classic Classic
562 messages Options
1234 ... 57
Reply |  

Z's worst nightmare

PeeTex
So tonight on the news the front runners are Bernie & Donald. Z's worst nightmare.
He may have to move to Canada - oh, but they have national healthcare. Maybe North Korea will take him in...

Reply |  

Re: Z's worst nightmare

Harvey
Admin
Learned some interesting things at Plattekill this weekend.  Coach is the voice for a silent group... maybe not majority. But there are peeps lurking cheering on Coach.  The feeling is the whole damn place is overrun with lefties and Coach is a voice in the wilderness.

Re the original post, be curious to know if Coach is rooting for Bernie.

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

Spongeworthy
Harvey wrote
Learned some interesting things at Plattekill this weekend.  Coach is the voice for a silent group... maybe not majority. But there are peeps lurking cheering on Coach.  The feeling is the whole damn place is overrun with lefties and Coach is a voice in the wilderness.
I dunno Harv. It's a really small statistical sample as far as choosing sides here. Seems you just have a lot of forum members who have no interest in engaging in political arguments on the internet in general and on a skiing forum in particular.

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
Not really choosing sides. Just thinking maybe Z feels sorta lonely sometimes.

Life is a focus group of one. Or two. You hear something twice and you believe it has some truth?  IMO that's human nature.

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

PeeTex
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote

Re the original post, be curious to know if Coach is rooting for Bernie. Gives Don or whoever the best chance. IMO.
Your absolutely entitled to your opinion, but if it is in contrast to mine you are a blothering idiot

Reply |  

ScottyJack
BERNIE! BERNIE! BERNIE!

"True Grit is like a river.  The deeper it runs, the less noise it makes."
Reply |  

nepa
ScottyJack wrote
BERNIE! BERNIE! BERNIE!
Help the Bern... #MobilizeTheHomelessVote#

Reply |  

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote

Re the original post, be curious to know if Coach is rooting for Bernie. Gives Don or whoever the best chance. IMO.
Skiers, as a population, are older, richer, whiter, and more likely to believe that there is no systemic racism . Sort of like this:

(From: http://jaredbernsteinblog.com/the-preferences-of-the-wealthy-and-their-role-in-our-politics/)

It's not weird that a lot of skiers would be Republicans and support Coach's Republican talking points. What is weird is that these "skiers" will argue that Global Warming is a myth and that we should pump more CO2 into the atmosphere with dumb ass schemes like Keystone XL.

Z
Reply |  

Z
Bernie running against Trump is the end of the civilized world as we know it.  That would be a polarizing event like no other before it.  

That said I am rooting for Bern as I still instit get has zero chance of winning a general election.  He came out with his tax plan which would be the largest tax increase in US history.  No one has ever been so stupid as to admit to raising taxes that much and then get elected. Will be interesting to see Anti Soda Mayor Bloomberg changes the dynamic of the election.

It's looking increasingly like Hill's emails and other baggage will drown her if she doesn't go to jail.

I'm supporting Rubio at this point.

"It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport."
Artic Explorer Fridtjof Nansen
Reply |  

JasonWx
I think Bloomberg would be a great Pres..
A supper smart rational thinking guy..

"Peace and Love"
1234 ... 57