Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

1 more reason to go to New York for New Year's

MadPatSki
Upper state New York that is... Titus.

http://www.titusmountain.com/2014-bring-it

This is so cool!!!

I'm considering the night trip with the family even if I'm skiing local almost every day. Forecast is calling for a cold night.

Quote from Titus:

"This New Year’s Eve, we’re pulling-out all the stops to ring in 2014 & you don’t want to miss it!

Great food & beverages, LIVE entertainment, nightskiing & much, much more!

Our lifts will be OPEN ’til 1am on New Year’s Day!  For the FIRST TIME, you can lay down the FIRST TRACKS of the New Year!

As midnight approaches, you can enjoy our Torchlight Parade down the main slope in front of our expanded lodge & patio area . . .

. . . and, at the stroke of midnight as the last torch goes out, the FIREWORKS explode over the mountain!

The North Country has never seen a New Year’s celebration like this!  Join us & welcome in 2014 the Titus way!"
Ski Mad World
A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 1 more reason to go to New York for New Year's

snoloco
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

MadPatSki
snoloco wrote
Sounds cool.  Mountain Creek used to do this.  It was called the All Night Ski Party.  They would have a party in the Vernon Base and run the Cabriolet from 10:00pm which is normal closing time until 2:00am.  They stopped doing this a few years ago.  Hopefully they bring it back.
I had hope so much that a ski area in Quebec would have done this for Celebrating Year 2000...unfortunately no one did. My guess that I was maybe the only thinking about ringing the New Millennium on the slopes.

I see just a few problems in my plan this year.

1) Distance from Ottawa on a late night trip with the family.
2) Forecast. -25c overnight low.
3) The fact that I'm skiing pretty much every day until school starts.
Ski Mad World
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Been to Titus twice this week , conditions are great ,35 trails open ,36 inch base, skied in bootbdeep pow thursday, will be there on the 31st but during the day
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

MadPatSki
warp daddy wrote
Been to Titus twice this week , conditions are great ,35 trails open ,36 inch base, skied in bootbdeep pow thursday, will be there on the 31st but during the day
Been at Edelweiss near Ottawa like 6 days in the last 9...on skis 8 times in 12 days with two visits at Tremblant. We've been having an awesome stretch. Back tomorrow.

Family is definitely looking into heading to New York for the Celebration.
Ski Mad World