ACR Construction

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ACR Construction

Peter Minde
"On Friday, the state Department of Environmental Conservation issued two permits and a certification, and the state attorney general’s office issued an amendment acceptance. This gives the first phase of the large-scale project approval to continue."

http://www.adirondackdailyenterprise.com/news/local-news/2017/08/tupper-lake-resort-receives-key-permits/
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: ACR Construction

Z
Somehow they came up with the cash and also paid the back taxes.  Nice move to donate some land to Wild Center too.

I wish them good luck.  Tupper could use the increase to the economy if they are successful.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
Z wrote
Somehow they came up with the cash and also paid the back taxes.  Nice move to donate some land to Wild Center too.

I wish them good luck.  Tupper could use the increase to the economy if they are successful.
As much as I'm not in love with this whole concept, I agree.  It'd be awesome for Tupper Lake; let's hope they're successful.  Anyone taking bets on whether they'll refurbish Big Tupper?
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
Peter Minde wrote
Z wrote

As much as I'm not in love with this whole concept, I agree.  It'd be awesome for Tupper Lake; let's hope they're successful.  Anyone taking bets on whether they'll refurbish Big Tupper?
Z, They didn't come up w the cash, OWD Corp Liquidating Trust is holding the Mortgage. Back taxes were not paid, they made a downpayment of $100K on an outstanding bill of $1.7 in back taxes. Franklin county agreed to put them on a 2 yr repayment program at just over $67400./ month. Developer just lost his second commercial building on Park St to foreclosure on 7/20/17. Stiffed the contractor who did the façade in 2015 for over $40K, at least the contractor had filed a mechanic lien on it.

You really can't believe much of what is reported in the local papers on this.  

Peter, Don't hold your breath on any redevelopment at Big Tupper, even though the developer dangled that carrot in front of the locals to generate support.  It's a shame to see such a nice little ski hill sitting shuttered. Friend I know said that the developer even had people thrown off last year, after they had hiked up and earned their turns.