classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ADK Mud Parade 2011

Michaeltokyo
This post was updated on .
Anybody in the area who likes to ride motorbikes on dirt roads should consider joining an informal group of us this Saturday.  Around 150 miles of not-too-technical, seasonal-road-type terrain mixed with nice paved twisties.  Big bike friendly.  Meet at Big Hollow Road in Lake George 9AM.  Expect up to 20 or more riders.

2009 Run:
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: ADK Mud Parade 2011

Michaeltokyo
Bridges and roads all over the Thurman area were washed out from last weekend's rainstorms. I even saw a barn washed into a gully. Really a localized disaster. But we persevered on our motorbikes.

And he does a nice wheelie too:

Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
Looks like a great ride!  Thanks for posting that.

I want to get an On/Off rd.  Right now just riding an 07 CRF450, would be so much fun seeing a logging trail on the side of the road and just ducking off.  For now, I stick to the track/woods..
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

Michaeltokyo
There's a 17-year old young lady on a CRF 230 you can see on the thumbnail on the second video. She was fearless and kept up with the spirited pace of 15 guys, many old enough to be her dad! I ride the green KLR 650. The KLR is a great all - purpose DS bike, but I'd like a smaller trail bike, as well...and a KTM Adventure!

Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Michaeltokyo wrote
There's a 17-year old young lady on a CRF 230 you can see on the thumbnail on the second video.  She was fearless and kept up with the spirited pace of 15 guys, many old enough to be her dad!
And you didn't think to get her number for me!?

I was reading on some other forum  trying to find the maps. one of my friends has a car that likes to be sideways. Looks like a fun ride, almost makes me want a dualsport.
Reply | Threaded
|

Michaeltokyo
fujative wrote
I was reading on some other forum  trying to find the maps. one of my friends has a car that likes to be sideways. Looks like a fun ride, almost makes me want a dualsport.
The official thread for this ride was on the Adventure Rider message board - ADVRider.com.

ADK Mud Parade on ADV Rider.com

The GPX of the route is here.

ADK Mud Parade GPX

And map stuff

Map Stuff<quote