AT binding review

skimore
This post was updated on .
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: AT binding review

ScottyJack
I was having issues with the plastic mounts on the heel piece of the vipecs.  sometimes when I put them to the steeper climb mode they would come off their hinge.  other than that, and some fumbling to get the toe piece locked once and awhile, I really like them.  def bomber on the descend.  I use them at whiteface at times and they hold up at speed and even in bumps.

I would like one more setting on the heel for steep climbs.  the third setting on the old free rides I could climb up the steep choke points on trails like Lake Arnold or towards the top of Algonquin before leaving tree line without the issues some of my friends had w/ their dynfitt.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
I'm a huge Ion fan.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
While most of my time in the BC has been on tele gear, I had some dynafiddle vertical ft's a few years ago, and was not a fan of the "on your toes" feeling due to the high ramp angle. I was able to ski the kingpins last year and was pleasantly surprised at how they felt pretty much like any other alpine binding in the way they skied. I recently pulled the trigger on a new pair of last year's Rossi Soul 7's and had them mounted with kingpins.
Being a gear whore is hard!

#lifeisshortlivelong
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Hell of an author.
I don't rip, I bomb.