Advice on Greylock/Thunderbolt

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Advice on Greylock/Thunderbolt

evergreen
So it seems there is finally enough snow this winter to head over to North Adams and check this out this Sunday, anyone with any advice that has been there?  I think there is enough snow, but the website really isn't updated much.  Appreciate any input.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Advice on Greylock/Thunderbolt

snowmonkey
Their facebook page has more activity than the website:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thunderbolt-Ski-Runners/271570818265

It looks like conditions were fairly good this past weekend, and they got some more snow yesterday, so it seems like it'd be a worthwhile exploration this coming weekend.  Berkshire East is reporting 15" of new snow from yesterday, and that's just 20 or so miles east of Mt. Greylock.  There's another 5-8" of snow predicted for Sunday currently, although that's a bit far off for me to take it seriously yet.  
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
I spoke to a member last week, they confirmed what is on the website and that was before the storm, I would think it is holding up well but that it will be skied a fair bit.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

evergreen
Thanks, will try to post a TR.  I'm planning to take my 11 year old daughter, so it will be hopefully be a memorable family adventure in a good way :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
Skied it on Sunday, coverage was really good!  What a great place, cannot wait to go back.  It's seen its fair share of traffic, but there's plenty of powder to be had.
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.