Any Hudson River rafting companies operating yet (as of 3/14)?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Any Hudson River rafting companies operating yet (as of 3/14)?

Danzilla
Curious if any of the local companies are starting up operations this weekend.  I know its early, but we all know the temps forcast for the next 2 weeks.  I know some folks that are headed up this weekend through Wednesday next week and they are looking for some other things to do (especially if Gore is shut down mid week).

Thanks!
D
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Any Hudson River rafting companies operating yet (as of 3/14)?

Harvey
Administrator
Danzilla - I believe that rafting starts on 3/31.  That is when North Creek Rafting Company is beginning.

Our Rafting Directory is now linked in the top nav.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Hi Harv.  I know they usually start in April, but was just curious if anyone was starting early this year to take advantage of the runoff and warm temps.  Is the dam release or permitting a limiting factor (i.e. they don't start till March 31)?  I would think with the runoff that they might be doing dam releases now anyway.  Maybe not since there isn't a much of a snowpack this year.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Danzilla wrote
Hi Harv.  I know they usually start in April, but was just curious if anyone was starting early this year to take advantage of the runoff and warm temps.  Is the dam release or permitting a limiting factor (i.e. they don't start till March 31)?  I would think with the runoff that they might be doing dam releases now anyway.  Maybe not since there isn't a much of a snowpack this year.
I'd spoken to Nate a few days ago and he indicated that that was when NCRC was starting this season.  If you are interested in rafting before that you should contact him. A group of 4 will be enough to put a boat together before then. See the rafting guide for contact info.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Thanks Harv.  Its not for me - a group we know is headed up.  I'll let them know to reach out to Nate.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Limiting Factor is the dam release. 3/31 is when they start releasing for this year.