30 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Anyone Skied Attitash or Wildcat?

JTG4eva!
gorgonzola wrote
If I'm in the area I'd just soon skip em all and hit my Washington

Sno....that right there is core.  Then again, many times mid-winter it's probably more crazy than core....

SBR, can it be that the lad heard what you were saying?  
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
JTG4eva! wrote
SBR, can it be that the lad heard what you were saying?
I do believe so, though a reminder should not be required. We will see if lessons are learned. A little politeness and timely acknowledgement of assistance will take you far in life.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by skunkape
skunkape wrote
I have never tried night riding, open till 3 am sounds zany!
They started doing that at Hidden Valley in Missouri.  When they brought Crotched back from the dead, they decided to try it.  Seems to have worked.  

They got the HSQ from Ascutney which 1070 fpm and gets you to the top in 3 minutes.  Some report I saw earlier said it was totally overkill for such a small mountain.  In my book, the faster the better though.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by skunkape
skunkape wrote
raisingarizona wrote
I don't think 3 AM skiing scores many GNAR points, it make you sort of "soft core" which is ok I guess.

Now ski at 3 AM naked and on acid...well then kid you might just be on your way to becoming a legend.

God speed Sno....god speed.
I like your style, brother! Have you ever actually tried riding while tripping? I can't imagine it would go too well. I prefer gods own medicinal herbs myself. I have never tried night riding, open till 3 am sounds zany!
I'm not much for synthetics but I am a huge fan of psilcybin and psilocin. In appropriate moderation of course.

In my younger years when I had a tendency for over thinking the simple and still hungered for the answers of the unknown I often referred to mushrooms as my spirit guide substance.

Many of my favorite stories of my own outdoor adventures often begin with an empty wallet and a handful of fungus.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Wow, man, excellent thread drift. About 30 years ago I did a blotter of something and thoroughly enjoyed a powder day at Sunshine Village. These days, nada while skiing, need all my faculties fully functional.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
I'm in the same boat for the most part. Herb still works great but tripping? Not so much.

I could probably handle a stem and cap while doing some mellow powder skiing but it's not something I seek out.

The shrooms are awesome for desert exploration and backpacking, it's perfect for walking down into the big ditch for 3 to 5 days. It's cartoon land down there!
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
raisingarizona wrote
I'm in the same boat for the most part. Herb still works great but tripping? Not so much.

I could probably handle a stem and cap while doing some mellow powder skiing but it's not something I seek out.

The shrooms are awesome for desert exploration and backpacking, it's perfect for walking down into the big ditch for 3 to 5 days. It's cartoon land down there!
I had a buddy back in college, Armando, who was from Mexico.  He would tell me stories about going home over break and getting lost in the desert for a week with some peyote buttons!!
Reply | Threaded
|

64ER
In reply to this post by snoloco
Sno-

How do you know if you don't go?  Apologies to Darkside Shaman. At any rate, New Hampshire has great terrain options-Wildcat, Attitash, Loon and wait for it..Cannon.   Get'em all, stay a week in North Conway, great ski-town, locally owned restaurants do collective marketing swapping BOGO nights.  Cranmore is a hoot, awesome race leagues, tons of history.  Coolest place is Black Mountain in Jackson, NH, reminds me of Hickory Hill, only with ancient chairlifts, you'd love it.

Ski you on the Hill
Reply | Threaded
|

DomB
In reply to this post by snoloco
I can only write about Wildcat, pre-Peak acquisition.  The only negative is that it can get windy.  There are a lot of positives:  (1) very beautiful scenery, as when you are skiing you are frequently staring at Mt. Washington; (2) sustained vertical (3) imo a classic new england feel.  

It would be a great place to take a Christmas-time trip to, or long weekends.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Capdistski
Had a great day at Attitash this past Presidents Day, coming off that frigid weekend. Parked on the Bear Mtn side - maybe had to walk 100 Yds to lift.  Spent the morning on Bear using the high speed lift.  Then spent afternoon enjoying steep sections on Attitash.  Really liked a run called Idiot's something.  Triple chair is slow but fun to have chair cross with the high speed - don't see two lifts crossing each other like that very often.

Rained next day - the story of this winter.