Art, craft and other hobbies

56 messages Options
Telemark Dave Telemark Dave
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Art, craft and other hobbies

Wow!  Lots of talent, imagination and creativity here.  Awesomeness to the Nth degree.  
RA, love the trail work youre doing.  Its the one thing I can relate to on this thread - I spent 4 months working on a MTB trail network at one of our local ski area 15 years ago. ..  Sadly, it fell victim to escalating insurance costs, so it only ran for two summers.  

About the only creativity in my blood is cooking. ..and no one wants - or needs - to see any more food/meal pics shared on the interwebz.  So I'll just lurk here and admire everyones handy dandy self expression.
raisingarizona raisingarizona
Reply |

Telemark Dave wrote
Wow!  Lots of talent, imagination and creativity here.  Awesomeness to the Nth degree.  
RA, love the trail work youre doing.  Its the one thing I can relate to on this thread - I spent 4 months working on a MTB trail network at one of our local ski area 15 years ago. ..  Sadly, it fell victim to escalating insurance costs, so it only ran for two summers.  

About the only creativity in my blood is cooking. ..and no one wants - or needs - to see any more food/meal pics shared on the interwebz.  So I'll just lurk here and admire everyones handy dandy self expression.
Nice Dave, I love trail building. I also love riding bikes so as a package it's hard to beat for me.
freeheeln freeheeln
Reply |

Covered an old $ 5 filing cabinet with pallet wood.

trackbiker trackbiker
Reply |

Nice job. How did you attach the wood? Drill and screw from the inside?
D.B. Cooper D.B. Cooper
Reply |

Chair before

Chair after (safety gate has since been put on)
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
ml242 ml242
Reply |

Freeheelin - you're the man. I want to get a chopsaw now.
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

Here was my summer time project. There's obviously a shit ton of other pics but I won't bore you with those, but rather the before and after. Luckily for me a buddy of mine is an excellent contractor and was willing to work with me. It took us much beer and many design meetings to make it happen.

Before

After

Sick Bird Rider Sick Bird Rider
Reply |

Awesome contributions on this page, keep 'em coming.

Campy, that is a pretty swank man-cave but I must ask: is the stripper pole load-bearing?
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply |

No not load bearing

It's for midget strippers
Reply |

It started out as ---- Hey let's turn this 3 season room into something

Well, like anything else, it got complicated. We gutted the thing,  new walls, windows, new floor, and door. Good learning experience tho