BD Fritschi Diamir Eagle 12

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

BD Fritschi Diamir Eagle 12

JTG4eva!
Worth it to upgrade from my Barons?  Less weight, and I could sell my cheap ass brother my Barons.

Thoughts?
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: BD Fritschi Diamir Eagle 12

nepa
I have the Free Rides... in my opinion a great setup for both ski area and side country.  The Eagles are a slimmed down version of the FreeRide.  To be honest, I have no experience with the Barron's, but I heard they were heavy.   I think they'll perform similar to the Eagles... maybe a bit lighter but not much.  If I were you, I would not spend the money.

If you've got cash to burn   You should consider a second rig, go ultra light (the opposite of your rig with the Barrons) with a set of tech bindings.

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Agree with nepa. No reason to make such an upgrade. If you're ready to switch to tech, cool, but until then, there's really no reason to fritter between different frame bindings.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Cool.  Thanks guys.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
No need, it's just gear lust.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Well, they are sexy looking bindings!  That, and I try and satisfy my...um, urges.....on the cheap.  If I got the Fritschis for $300 and sold my brother the Barons for $150......it wouldn't be a full cost upgrade.

However, you guys are right, no need.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
EFF that shit JT

You only go around once so I say don't listen to them and get em!
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
The thing is that the Baron's probably ski better than the fritschi's. If you want to be faster up hill just start jogging a bit more and save your coin for tech bindings and boots. That's a huge upgrade.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Agreed ML, like Matt said.....no need to swap out one frame binding for another.  I just didn't know if the Fritschis had any other benefits.  Since they don't, and I really like how the Barons ski, I'll stand pat.

Especially since I don't know any better/different, I was fine on the uphill with the Barons.  No need to jog more, I'm in above average shape for a guy pushing 50!  Sure, when I do go to a lighter setup I'll realize just how much I've been suffering, but for now ignorance is bliss!

My cheap ass brother is just going to have to pony up without me trying to save him a few bucks.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Oh, and when I do upgrade to tech I'll just stick with the BD Factor MX boots I got last year.  They have swappable sole blocks to accommodate a tech binding.  A pair of Scarpas would be lighter, but the BDs will get the job done.

Did BD get out of boots?  They don't show on their website.  Might need to stock up on some spare parts....
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Yeah, they're done. They just never really found the right niche for their boots. I thought they kind of botched it with the original Factors, the liner sucked and they got blown out in discount. Then they never really recovered from the second tier status. But they always seemed liked decent boots if you stuck an Intuition in them.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Yeah, too bad.  The MX is a nice boot.  

I may buy a spare set of sole blocks and a few other spare parts, as I hope to get more than a few years out of them.