Backcountry Tele Frankenboot.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Backcountry Tele Frankenboot.

Telemark Dave
My newest "Frankenboot" creation. I scored a pair of Garmont Liberos on the MEC swap, they were one up from the Excursion in the Garmont line. (Discontinued years ago). I've been using Excursions for Backcountry for the last 10 years, but they've proven to be a bit too soft for the fatter, bigger skis that I've migrated to..and my T-Races are waaaay too big and heavy a boot to ski more than a k or two in. Fine for road access yoyo laps, but not schwack friendly. Hence the new-to-me Liberos. I've modded them with T-race liners and tongues from an old pair of original Scarpa Terminators. Add a Power Booster strap and Dr Frankenstein's your uncle.
Best part of this was the price. $30 for boots and $24 for shipping (ouch!).

"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Backcountry Tele Frankenboot.

freeheeln
#1 reason not to get rid of old gear
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Yup.  Truth.  
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Really cool, Frankin-things are the best.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.