Bad case of GAS!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
22 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Bad case of GAS!

BRLKED
If  they are  anything like the Vector you will be very happy with their climbing ability.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Bad case of GAS!

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Finally skied my Objectives today.  I like them a lot.

Climbing is great.  Especially considering the cold, sugary snow we had that tends to give scales difficulty.  I'd say they are as good as the best I've tried.  They climbed better once I packed a track down.  They also did glide on the flats - not bad.

Turning is amazing.  Not much more to say.  I skied them with leathers and no cables - just plain 3 pins today and they were awesome.  Never felt too heavy or unruly for the boots.  I'm sure in difficult snow that would be a different story, and I'd probably throw on some plastic boots for that.

As far as the mounting... eh... I don't know.  It sure felt like my tips were riding low.  I couldn't look when I gathered speed and was actually turning, but I never face planted, so it might be OK.  Sure does feel way further forward than I'm used to.  Plus they are short.

Float is OK.  Not a true powder ski by today's standards, but definitely adequate for XCD and trail skiing.  They are super fun on singletrack actually because they turn so nice.

Despite being a modern ski, I find that they like some speed to turn.  I couldn't just whip them around crawling along.  I'm sure with plastic boots I could overpower them and do so, but they aren't magic.  For tree skiing I found them adequate and I feel like I could probably rip anything on them with T2s and a cable.