Barrett-Jackson

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Barrett-Jackson

campgottagopee
Anyone else watching Barrett-Jackson auction from Vegas??? Love watching those auctions --- amazing some of the cars / trucks that go thru ---- most expensive car sold when I quit watching was a 1953 F100 for 40K
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Barrett-Jackson

Marcski
I like watching that and lots of other car shows on Velocity channel.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
I enjoy watching the auctions also. It is nice to fantasize.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
It really doesn't have to be a fantasy --- at those auctions, for 15 to 20K you can get yourself a real nice driver. Last year at Barrett-Jackson in AZ my buddy bought a real nice chevelle ss for just under 18K with all the fees. It's a sweet driver.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
campgottagopee wrote
It really doesn't have to be a fantasy --- at those auctions, for 15 to 20K you can get yourself a real nice driver. Last year at Barrett-Jackson in AZ my buddy bought a real nice chevelle ss for just under 18K with all the fees. It's a sweet driver.
As much as I love those older cars and trucks, at this point in my life I am used to having awesome seats, safety belts with shoulder straps, airbags, anti-lock brakes, and easily available big horsepower. You can find 2014 Mustang GTs (420hp/390lb-ft) in the low 20K range. That is crazy cheap for a solid road car with all the modern needs and no fear of doing road trips or even using it as a daily driver. Plus, you can find Ford dealers all across the US if you do need a fix. The Camaros and Challengers also fit in the category. Even the v6 versions of these 3 are running with 300 plus horsepower. This is truly the golden era of horsepower. Plus - when you buy a recent car you are able to somewhat determine what you are getting. This is a lot harder to do on the older fantasy cars.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I totally agree! There's just something about the older muscle cars though that I have a HUGE appreciation for. And for sure you need to know what the hell you're looking at --- there are some really good body men out there that CAN polish a turd.

For me (now) it's all about the older (early 70's) pickup trucks. Something about an F-250 with that straight front axle that I really like. Maybe I just like the punishment it can take as well as dish out. Hit a frost heave in one of those bad boys and your head will hit the roof! Add in big wheels/tires, straight pipe exhaust and you've got something --- Vroom Vroom

Barrett-Jackson has later model stuff (like you mentioned) as well. They just don't put that on TV because you can find it all over the place. Another reason why I like those auctions.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale going on now in fact I watched a bunch of the auction last night. Watched a 1971 C-10 PU got for 75K!!

This is the one to watch. Burt Reynolds Trans Am ---- think it brings a mil???  I bet it gets close.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/burt-reynolds-600-hp-vintage-pontiac-for-sale/ar-AAlS3QI
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Here's one we'll see for sure at a Barrett-Jackson auction before long ---- only 50 being made --- one bad ass of a muscle car

1,000 HP 2017 Trans Am 455 Super Duty --- WOWZERS!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new-york/1000-hp-2017-trans-am-455-super-duty-bows-in-new-york/ar-BBzOwqO#image=BBzOwqH|1