Belleayre: 12/20/16

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Belleayre: 12/20/16

snoloco
I opened my season at Belleayre Thanksgiving Weekend.  I only ski it when I'm at home and not at school up in Potsdam.  Decided to make the trip today for some uncrowded midweek skiing (I was actually snowboarding today, I do both).

They were running Superchief, as well as lifts 1 and 7.  Lift 7 didn't open till late morning.  I mostly took the Superchief, but went all the way to the base once, and took some laps on Lift 7 also.  Zero lines all day on all lifts.

They had Roaring Brook, Onondaga-Horseshoe Pass, Belleayre Run, Wanatuska, Mohawk, and Onteora open on the upper mountain and Iroquois and Mohican-Easy In-Discovery Way on the lower mountain.  All trails were groomed with loose granular snow on top of a hard packed base.  They didn't resurface anything since the thaw, but had good cover everywhere that was open.  Snowmakers were working on getting a second route down to the Superchief open, as well as Seneca and all necessary connector trails needed to open the Tomahawk lift.

My ROTD was Onteora.  It's not accessible from the HSQ without going uphill, and hardly anyone was taking the triple.  I lapped it about 3 times off Lift 7 and had it to myself every time.  Onondaga-Horseshoe Pass, and Mohawk were honorable mentions.

I plan on being back Thursday and/or Friday, and I suspect that Tomahawk could be open by then.  We shall see.

(Pictures will be edited in here)
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Belleayre: 12/20/16

frank7
Sno - Did you go to Belleayre yesterday? If so how were the conditions? From the web cam it looks like conditions are not too good.