classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Belleayre, NY 01/08/10

Jamesdeluxe
This post was updated on .
After last Sunday's mid-50s meltdown, Belleayre received eight inches midweek and seven inches on Friday, which helped freshen things up considerably. We were on the lifts at 9 am and for the first 90 minutes we tracked up the light, fluffy snow right underneath the Superchief quad, then headed over to the Tomahawk quad for more. The steep pitches eventually got skied off down to last week's boilerplate, but the blue-square runouts stayed soft as could be for the rest of the day.

Around 11 am, we saw that they were about to drop the rope on the terrain park, so we headed over and had at the beautiful untouched stuff on the far right side. Unfortunately, after shooting a video of Jason with powder billowing up to his waist, I put the camera back in my jacket, but apparently missed the pocket. When I stopped a few hundred vertical feet down the hill, the camera was gone, and so were about 30 great pix and four videos. Searching through the foot-deep snow was a big fail, so there you go: my first lost camera. Karmic payback, I guess, for ducking a rope.