Belleayre Social Marketing $30.00 Wednesdays

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Belleayre Social Marketing $30.00 Wednesdays

skunkape
Belleayre is kickstarting the social marketing with an incentive based campaign. $30.00 Wednesdays will be activated if 7000 likes are achieved by December 4.

Lets do this!

Belleayre Facebook
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Belleayre Social Marketing $30.00 Wednesdays

Harvey
Administrator
Been a double liker (Harvey and NYSB) for two years. (Not sure the NYSB counts in the totals.)  

There's got to be a better cover photo of Bell.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
Harvey44 wrote
There's got to be a better cover photo of Bell.

7000 likes seems like a pretty low goal and a pretty wierd number - clearly their marketing department gets who and what Bell is.

Agree with Harv - that photo is pretty terrible - it shows just how short Bell's runs are.  Tough to compete with that as your product but it is what it is.  Let's just hold our breath that Orda somehow figure out how to make money  out of a molehill.

Did they ever name a new GM?
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
That Dean Gitter guy just keeps forging ahead on the Belleayre mega-resort:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDEQqQIoADAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailyfreeman.com%2Farticles%2F2012%2F10%2F24%2Fnews%2Fdoc50874118bad3d739747944.txt&ei=lmqiUOusBMLH0QHPy4FA&usg=AFQjCNFEvURESdMcOEz2s66Wesy4ilxXOQ

"Gitter told First Tracks that the state has committed to spending $55 million on improvements to the ski center. He also said the state has agreed to purchase the old Highmount Ski Center from Crossroads Ventures but that the deal is still a few months away from closing."
Reply | Threaded
|

70s Gore Kid
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Syracuse, NY
Reply | Threaded
|

skidbump
Really hard to show what the mountain has.Looks are deceiving.
Tom Tarr is In charge for at least this season Was Assistant to Tony Lanza last yr   "been there a long time and a great skier"
When the whole mountain is open and there has been natural snow and glades and woods are open, you really cant make the boring statement.
Ski there just about everyday for last 5 yrs , very rarely get bored.
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
skidbump wrote
Really hard to show what the mountain has.Looks are deceiving.
Tom Tarr is In charge for at least this season Was Assistant to Tony Lanza last yr   "been there a long time and a great skier"
When the whole mountain is open and there has been natural snow and glades and woods are open, you really cant make the boring statement.
Ski there just about everyday for last 5 yrs , very rarely get bored.
wow you must be easily amused - nothing about that photo says come ski me I'm soooo much fun

The whole point of Orda taking Bell over was bringing in new management that would bring in WF and Gore's experience so that they could make money.  Having Lanza's asst run the place just means it same old but without giving away ten's of thousand of $'s of free lift tix.  What has changed to assure the tax payers of NYS that Bell is going to turn a profit this year?

I looked at the thier web site and on the first page is how low they are pricing their group tickets?  is groups sales somehow the grand plan?  At that pricing you can not make money.  
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
I remember at the start of last season, Belleayre did away with the $25. Wed and Fri. lift tickets. Hunter saw this and immeadiately offered $25. Friday lift tickets. So Belleayre got permission from Albany to reinstate the $25. Wed and Fridays last season.

Might be intersesting to see if something similar happens this year.
CMR
Reply | Threaded
|

CMR
I was very much against ORDA assuming Belleayre's operations.  That said, I wish them well.  The mountain is a day trip from NYC, my stomping ground.  I hope that they can capitalize on their proximity to the over ten million people in their catchment zone.  If they can offer a lower cost alternative to Hunter, they may be able to build on the family oriented crowd.  Hunter Mountain, FWIW, has a reputation for its abundance of macho, smoking juice-heads.  I wouldn't take my family there under ANY circumstances.  Belleayre, if marketed right, could really work on that family niche.  Who knows?  In several years Belleayre could be subsidizing Gore and WF.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
My comment about Bells' photo was related to the fact that it's a gray day, the shot is out of focus and lacks color.  I think an aerial taken on a sunny day would be great for Bell's FB page. Also the views from the top of Bell are primo.

Bell's trails being similar... Bell's built on a ridgeline.  That kind of layout, like any layout, has pluses and minuses.  Because many of the trails go top to bottom, there isn't much skating involved.  Might be a great place for people who can't deal with the terrain at a place say ... Gore.

If Bell gets the kind of investment the other ORDA hills get, it will succeed. From what I've seen, it seems like ORDA brass is taking the new mission seriously, trying to move Bell forward.

How about a stereotype/prejudice thread. Everyone has to post the negrap on their own area. NJ, Long Island, NYC, Hunter, Bell, Windham, Catskills, Adirondacks, Troy, Clifton Park, Kerhonkson, Ausable Forks, whatever.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

skunkape
Those fall line runs are actually not all the same...