Belleayre Sunday Jan 2nd

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Belleayre Sunday Jan 2nd

Gunny J
Belleayre on Sunday was a ghost town, skiing was ok but  what you could not believe is after a month of below average temps and most days never getting above freezing, it only took a couple of warm days to eat up the base. No grooming was done at all Sat night ,so I was glad only my 12 year old son, who is an expert skier, came along. My 6 year old stayed home ,he would not have liked it. Most trails were ruffed up  but we enjoyed them, as well a the soft bumps. A ski day with so so conditions is better than no day at all!
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Belleayre Sunday Jan 2nd

Denis.N
Gunny J wrote
A ski day with so so conditions is better than no day at all!
Does not look like "so so" conditions, looks good to me. Were trails frozen in the morning?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Belleayre Sunday Jan 2nd

Gunny J
Trails were only frozen on top like across the ridge. We bring two sets of skis every time, carving skis in the morning and light twin tips for the afternoon. We were just looking forward to early morning fast sweeping turns on smooth grom.
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!