Berkshire East Conditions

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Berkshire East Conditions

Brownski
Conditions today are nice- started out gloomy but edgeable and ended up mostly sunny and totally trenchable- soft mashed potatoes. I was a little surprised I couldn’t find an old Berkshire East conditions thread- couple of TRs was all I saw. Seems like a nice place
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Berkshire East Conditions

marznc
Brownski wrote
Conditions today are nice- started out gloomy but edgeable and ended up mostly sunny and totally trenchable- soft mashed potatoes. I was a little surprised I couldn’t find an old Berkshire East conditions thread- couple of TRs was all I saw. Seems like a nice place
My guess is that before the Indy Pass, since BEast is in MA, wouldn't be many making the drive out of NY instead of going to Magic or somewhere else in VT.

BEast is a fun little mountain but more worth the travel time on weekends.  The slow ride to the top gets pretty boring when the place is deserted midweek.  The one time I went to check it out, I was lucky there was another older adult getting in half a day.  Much more fun to have someone to chat with.  It was early season so only a few ways down.

The owner of BEast and Catamount is from the midwest.  He and his family have done a good job turning it into a viable multi-season business.  One son was a successful investment banker in NYC before deciding to join the business and focus on clean energy generation.  The windmill was installed in 2011.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I want to share this, mainly because this kid got to take my car to Mountain Creek this past week (with 2 friends) and skied with zero adult supervision for the first time ever and couldn’t bring himself to post a pic in the conditions thread, much less a TR....

He’s fine by the way
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Cold - sunny - fast snow - not crowded