MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Big Tupper Prospects Looking Bleak

Z wrote
 My point is MC your Gov Cuomo
My Governor?

Isn't he your governor, too?

At least, that's what people on politicrap used to tell me about someone else....
endoftheline endoftheline
Reply |

North Country Public Radio put out a story on the ACR situation yesterday. Nothing new, just a rehash of the ADE article, Brian Mann(reporter) just interviewed the ADE reporter.  One interesting line was that the ADE reporter said he talked to Lawson back in January or February of this year and Lawson told him he had some "big news coming up" but he wasn't ready to talk about it. We can now see what the big news was and why he wasn't ready to talk about it.

The ADE reporter also says that the ACR owes money to 3 main parties, their lawyers, Franklin county taxes and Greg Norman. While that is true, none of the recent press stories on this mentions the fact that the ACR never paid the OWD corp for the land, I guess $5.2M isn't worth mentioning?
Reply |

How do I start a business where I acquire a ski area, then sit on it for many years while making vague promises and deferring all payments (including taxes)?

Amazingly, the people behind this won't go to prison, and they'll move right on to the next scheme.

Quite a system we have.
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

Money = power
x10003q x10003q
Reply |

In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
How do I start a business where I acquire a ski area, then sit on it for many years while making vague promises and deferring all payments (including taxes)?

Amazingly, the people behind this won't go to prison, and they'll move right on to the next scheme.

Quite a system we have.
The desperation of the local and regional governments for jobs/development opens the door to unfunded clowns. The  delusion that Big Tupper could ever be a centerpiece of a 700 unit development also allowed for this to happen.
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

MC2 5678F589 wrote

Quite a system we have.
I thought you were all for getting money for doing nothing. These guys should be your hero’s.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Z Z
Reply |

Your revisionist history is interesting
MC Your lawyer buddies in Protect thru legal barriers and bs for what 10 years with the sole purpose of bankrupting Tupper
It forced them to miss the economic window many times over and when they finally got the go ahead they had no money left
The guys going to jail should be those a hole lawyers at Protect.  Our legal system in NY is a mess if you can throw endless nuisance law suits up and if they lose the suing party does not have to pay the winners legal bills.

The real losers of course are the people that live in Tupper and skiers that are missing out on skiing there.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply |

Z wrote
MC Your lawyer buddies in Protect thru legal barriers and bs for what 10 years with the sole purpose of bankrupting Tupper.
I ummm... don't have lawyer buddies at Protect the ADKs, nor do I know anyone who works with them. I have not given them any donations, nor do I know what the hell you're talking about. Weird that you would attack me. Must be getting towards ski forum silly season (September/October).

My position on Tupper has always been the same. I think this was from 2012:
MC2 5678F589 wrote
And I don't wish failure on anyone. I want Big Tupper to succeed wildly. If the ACR is the way to do that, then cool, I'm for the ACR.

But I feel like the mountain needs some serious money to be sunk into improvements and it doesn't really seem like that's a priority for the ACR people
x10003q x10003q
Reply |

In reply to this post by Z
Z wrote
MC Your lawyer buddies in Protect thru legal barriers and bs for what 10 years with the sole purpose of bankrupting Tupper
It forced them to miss the economic window many times over and when they finally got the go ahead they had no money left
The guys going to jail should be those a hole lawyers at Protect.  Our legal system in NY is a mess if you can throw endless nuisance law suits up and if they lose the suing party does not have to pay the winners legal bills.

The real losers of course are the people that live in Tupper and skiers that are missing out on skiing there.
Do you really think a 650 ft vertical ski hill in the middle of nowhere could ever support the sale of 700 plus housing units? The whole project was a scam.

The developers never had any money of their own and could never borrow any money from private lenders. They were planning to borrow public money to build about 25 great camps, make some money and then leave. The town, county (and public) would have been left holding the bag for the borrowed money and the mess they would have left. They were NEVER going to get Big Tupper on line because the first thing they did to Big Tupper was sell off the operating parts of the relatively unused snowmaking system for pennies on the dollar.

warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

Quite Right ! Much as i loved BT in the day that. Entire project was a pipe dream . The scope was patently insane , the concept was a Hail Mary and the assumption that the local rubes would bend over and assume long term public debt for it was specious .

That said BT was a fun place to ski in the day but never a serious contender for  anything but modest improvement and development at best .
1 ... 34567