classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
27 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Big news from West Mountain

Snowballs
Banned User
" Montgomery said the total cost to buy and install the new lifts is expected to be about $1.5 million. "

That seems one heck of a deal to me. 2 close to new lifts installed for 1.5 mill, frickin A ! Quite the coup.

Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Snowballs wrote
" Montgomery said the total cost to buy and install the new lifts is expected to be about $1.5 million. "

That seems one heck of a deal to me. 2 close to new lifts installed for 1.5 mill, frickin A ! Quite the coup.
A 30 YO lift is not "close to new", if you think so I can make you a deal on a "Almost new, lightly used" Subaru.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
That lift is 30 years old, but fixed grip lifts can last that long easily.  Since this one has been recently refurbished, it will be able to last much longer.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Well, refurbished ok ?
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
Adk Jeff wrote
From the Post-Star this evening:

Ski center inks 'game changing' deal

This is really great news for West.  I wish the new owners luck and am looking forward to skiing there next year.
That is great. I use to chaperone my kid's school's night skiing club trips there. I always thought it was a nice little place with a great location, but the previous owner let it get run down. I really hope things work out for them.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

Hudsonhiker

I was passing by WEST today stopped in to see if there had been any work done on the new chair. It’s Sunday and their working on removal. I was nicely impressed. Chairs all removed, cable removed and flaked in parking lot. Two guys at least working on bottom drive area removal looked like torch cutting rig. I only live 5 10 minutes from the mountain so I’m looking forward to a triple. Me daughter and Grand daughter can now all ride together. Happy skiers.

Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
i really hope they chop up the old cable and remove it at the same time.

snowmaking would also be a huge bonus, going up a slope devoid of skiers is sub-optimal.