Black Diamond

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Black Diamond

skimore
Props to BD for sending me replacement Carbon Megawatts for pair I blew out an edge on. My 2nd positive customer service experience with them

Extremely happy with how these skis performed this winter

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Black Diamond

Sick Bird Rider
This post was updated on .
I have nothing but praise for the customer service at BD. Every company screws up but they go above and beyond to make things right. Quality control is another story.

Two cases in point, I ordered a BD Dawn Patrol Shell and some new skins in the late fall. Despite all advice to buy a medium, the DP Shell fit like a straightjacket. They covered all replacement shipping and sent a large in short order. Then the main zipper pull on said jacket broke on the first day of use. WTF? I fixed it with a loop thing from a key chain and they offered to replace the jacket at the end of the winter if I wanted to keep using it. Pretty fair. Other than that, the jacket is fantastic. Great fit, function and performance as advertised.

On the same day the zipper pull broke, one of the tail hooks on my new BD Ascension skins disappeared into the snow while de-skinning. It had been installed according to directions, I can assure you. TD assisted in jerry-rigging a fix with a Voile strap, then I McGyvered a new clip out of an old ski strap at home (NEVER THROW ANYTHING OUT). Emailed BD, hoping to get a few new hooks and they sent me two packs of skin tail parts (2 straps, 2hooks, and all the attachment bits in each kit). I am using my McGyver ski strap hook until it breaks, which will likely be never.

TD may chime in about the glue on his new BD skins, though. Not a happy camper.

My busted zipper pull and the replacement:

A little creative work turned this:

Into this:
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Black Diamond

Harvey
Administrator
The only BD gear I ever had were Traverse Flicklock poles and Ascension Skins which I think? are BD.  Both were very solid.  I'd never buy another pole, and at this rate I may never have to.

I always wonder about the calculus on 100% satisfaction guarantees.  North Face is known for replacing anything at any time for any reason.  So I guess you're either all in, or you go the other way and try to cheap out.

Props to BD for your ski replacement.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp