Day 3 of the Mitten tour. Toadys destination was Boyne Mountain. Today was cloudy and 30-35 degrees. The snow was firm and fast, but you could get an edge in. Only two of Boynes lifts are newer lifts, while I like older lifts the problem is they are very slow. With the money Boyne charges ($98 weekend walk up rate) I would think they could at least upgrade the existing lifts to go a little faster. They were very busy and they do a good job of keeping things moving. Just before we left it had started to rain, which unfortunately may cause day 4 to not happen. They are calling for 40 mph winds with gust up to 60 mph tomorrow. If we can’t ski day 4 it has been a wonderful 3 days with Megan. I hope all the Dads can have it as good as I do and have a kid who is almost 25 and loves to ski with their Dad.
No day 4 of skiing. We were going to ski Ostego Club in Gaylord, Mi. Rain at 10am changing over to snow with blizzard warnings. Still have a 3 1/2 hour drive in good weather to get home.
I can’t wait to do it again next year
Good move to get out ofDodge before the blizzard it those 50 mile an hour wind gust for nasty and I worried about you get home OK. You're not really missing a whole lot at Otsego club besides a lot of Miner Denver lifts.
My goal next year is to get that Michigan white gold card again and get up to the upper Peninsula and figure out how to tackle bulimia before Harvey gets out there in a few years .
I want to ski Brule, Indian head, porcupine, Ripley, and whitecap Wisconsin too