classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Breckenridge, A Basin, Loveland Pass, Vail

tommy
On top of the world with Chris and Jess

After a stressful flight out i finally made it to Denver, 2 hours later at about 2 in the morning we arrived to Chris and Jess's house 6 hours later we hopped on the bus to Breck, as soon as we got on the gondola the butterflies kicked in, looking at the mountains and all the snow around me, i already didn't want to go back home, i was in paradise.

Dropping into lake chutes, knees twitching and my mind saying "I'm gonna die" looking down the steepest run ive ever done.
Dropping into lake chutes, knees twitching and my mind saying "I'm gonna die" as i look down the steepest run I've ever done.

Probably one of the coolest experiances of the trip, Loveland really gave me the "wow i feel like im in a movie" feeling-thanks Chris for taxiing Jess and I all day to get some good turns
Probably one of the coolest experiances of the trip, Loveland really gave me the "wow i feel like im in a movie" feeling-thanks Chris for taxiing Jess and I all day to get some good turns!

Chris dropping the "Leos"shack in the woods of Breck during a nice 8 inch powder day
Chris dropping the "Leos" shack in the woods of Breck during a nice 8 inch powder day.
A nice little jump off a rock at A Basin...i was the only one to land it i do admit though chris had me this week in the game of jenga
A nice little jump off a rock at A Basin...i was the only one to land it i do admit though chris had me this week in the game of jenga

Just "Bro-ing" out at Vail
Just "bro-ing" out at vail.

Like i said...paradise!
Like i said...paradise!

Ending the week with a bang, 12 inches of powder at "The Legend" A Basin, now my favorite mountain with it's steep runs and old school "feel"
Ending the week with a bang, 12 inches of powder at "The Legend" A Basin, now my favorite mountain with it's steep runs and old school "feel"

Thats when you know it was a good day, and a good week, thank you Chris and Jess for a awesome week ill never forget, i hope your satisfied with my first "TR."
Thats when you know it was a good day, and a good week, thank you Chris and Jess for a awesome trip ill never forget, i hope your satisfied with my first "TR."
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Breckenridge, A Basin, Loveland Pass, Vail

Harvey
Administrator
You also know it was a good week when a guy changes his avatar to a pic from the trip.  I don't know about anybody else but I'm certainly satisfied with your first TR. VERY NICE!! Sounds like a fantastic trip.

A couple of questions ... what's the estimated pitch on Lake Chutes?

And what is the story with Leo's shack? Does he mind if you huck his roof?

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
I've always been told 55 degrees at the steepest.  I'm sure it also depends on wind loading ect...  Here are a couple cool images I just found.

And Leo doesn't care about hucking the roof, he's too high to ever notice.  At breck you know you're above a shack when it starts smelling skunky
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Chris wrote
 And Leo doesn't care about hucking the roof, he's too high to ever notice.  At breck you know you're above a shack when it starts smelling skunky
3 to the 1 from the 1 to the 3....
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
Snowballs, I'm not picking up what your putting down
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.