classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
29 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Burlington

MC2 5678F589
witch hobble wrote
Hill Farmstead is the new hard to get out of state VT beer that all the hipsters want.
Right.

Sips of Sunshine are available at my local Packey. Headys and Focal Bangers are played out (according to a bunch of douchebag beer nerds I know who are constantly focused on the next big thing)
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I had hill farmsteads Edward last night at Liquids & Solids is LP
Really well made beer and very rare to see it outside of the PDRV
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
Edward is on tap out and about. I think it’s their most widely produced beer.

I’m not a huge craft beer guy, but my kids have been going to summer camp way up that way for a long time.  So I’ve been to the hq, and their bottles are available at the local general store. There is like a whole airbnb market for places within range of Greensboro because of Hill Farmstead and the cheese place Jasper Hill.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Hey great thread , happy to learn this our youngest grandaughter will be attending UVM in the fall so both her dad and the two of us see some kewl trips coming up . Its been awhile since we stayed  there so this update is MONEY !!
Thanks guys !
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
More later ( i have to do some work) but on our way up to Lake Champlain we stopped in Bakers Mills to drive up Edwards Hill Rd to check out the Old Homestead. Thought some might like this picture.

Reply | Threaded
|

camhan22

campgottagopee wrote
More later ( i have to do some work) but on our way up to Lake Champlain we stopped in Bakers Mills to drive up Edwards Hill Rd to check out the Old Homestead. Thought some might like this picture.

Very cool picture!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Thanks man!! That now sits at the entrance to the old homestead, where my Mom grew up. We actually got to meet the new owners and talk about my Grandfather building what is now his house. It was really cool to walk down memory lane.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Burlington certainly has change but what hasn't changed is that it's cool place to hang out. Every restaurant, bar, and brewery we went to was fabulous. The best meal we had was right in South Hero at the Blue Paddle Bistro  https://bluepaddlebistro.com/. If you happen to ever be there I highly recommend you checking it out. They're dog friendly as well.

We spent most of our time right at our place on the lake in South Hero   https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p4298792?uni_id=4708448

The place was totally bangin and a bargain imo for the location and house. The private beach area was top notch, crystal clear water and very refreshing on those 90 degree days. The sunsets and campfires were nice as well.

The highlight of the trip was Stella. She is a great dog, Ron and Nina are lucky we didn't steal her!!! We would play fetch for hours!!!

Great trip and we will definitely be back next year for more swimming in Lake Champlain.  
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Camp place looks awesome , great location and convienient to Burlington . Glad u had a great time and superior weather to be in the Islands   . Missing all the political turmoil of te week is an added plus , this chit is getting seriously dangerous .
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.