classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Butternut Mountain - Great Barrington, Ma 1/26/12

patchrick09
This post was updated on .
I had no school all week because of regents week, so it was either ski hunter or Butternut. I went with butternut because ive never been there before, but my dad has gone a few other times. The neat thing about Butternut is that the mountain seems to be hidden, once you walk out of the lodge you cant see the top. Also they have nice rolling terrain, on some trails they keep nice whales of snow and groom them which adds to the challenge of the constantly winding, narrow trails.
Once you walk out of the lodge.

The clouds started to roll in early in the morning, View of Hob Nob from the Top Flight quad

Lucifers leap from the quad, later in the day i had a fall under the lift thats always embarrassing.

Nice view from the top of the mountain.

Looking down the quad.

Skiing onto Pied Piper, the snow was soft and easily carvable made for some nice turns rippin down the mountain.

The tripple chair had a really nice scenic ride up, most of the time you were over a creek.

Uptown a really nice,short beginner trail off of the triple.

Looking down Main Street onto the race course, found some blue sky in the late morning.

Upper Main Street under the Highline quad

Where Downspout and Freewheeler split off

Looking towards the bottom of Downspout they had some icy moguls on skiers left and some nice fresh corduroy on the right side.

Very good day of skiing today, they had every trail open with amazing coverage so you have to thank the snowmakers for that, also the groomers did an amazing job so you have to give them a hand.  If you ever have a chance check out the place, great mountain and nice people to talk to all over.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Butternut Mountain - Great Barrington, Ma 1/26/12

Harvey
Administrator
Looks pretty soft really. Beats the heck outa what I did today.

Thx P.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Butternut Mountain - Great Barrington, Ma 1/26/12

patchrick09
Harvey44 wrote
Looks pretty soft really. Beats the heck outa what I did today.

Thx P.
 It sure was soft out there Harv, too bad theyre closed today because of the bad weather last night and theyre trying to protect their base. Why cant it just snow for now on?