|

By 2050...

Saratogahalfday
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: By 2050...

moguljunkie
Sad stuff. Even if it doesn't end up being quite that bad, to believe our environmental future is rosy is to be in extreme denial.

By the way, were those 2011 statistics correct? Belleayre was only open 25 days? My memory must suck, because I don't remember a Catskills season that dismal.
Reply | Threaded
|

xWeatherMan
I am very suspicious of the low number of dates for all the areas listed. I looked up 2010-2011 climate data. December was warm but January was consistently cold. February and March were up and down, looked like a typical northeastern winter
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
No.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

professor
just checked my ski history for 2011-2012 season and the numbers they give for Hunter aren't accurate. They claimed Hunter was open only 80 days ...Hunter opened on12/10/11 (late for them) and closed on3/24/12 (the earliest closing in the 38yrs. I've had a pass) still that adds up to 106 days! No doubt the seasons are getting shorter and this probably was the shortest season since I've been skiing Hunter but not as bad as they claim!
Reply | Threaded
|

professor
2010-2011 season was probably an average year ...Hunter was open 127 days...article confuses what I would consider the 2012 season with 2011