COVID 19 impact on skiing

581 messages Options
1 ... 53545556575859
Harvey Harvey
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: COVID 19 impact on skiing

Looks like Bell and Gore (and Whiteface I assume) are going to start running gondolas this summer:

https://www.goremountain.com/mountain/summer-fall/scenic-skyides
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
marznc marznc
Reply |

Harvey wrote
Looks like Bell and Gore (and Whiteface I assume) are going to start running gondolas this summer:

https://www.goremountain.com/mountain/summer-fall/scenic-skyides
Assuming only family groups are allowed to share a cabin, no different than sharing an elevator.  During this summer, I can't imagine that gondola rides would be so popular that there would be long lift lines.  If that were common, then timed-entry tickets like museums use for popular special exhibits would make sense to space people out.

The elevator guides I saw in June had a limit of 4 people (DC, NC).  One elevator had circles on the floor in each corner to encourage people who were strangers to space themselves out.  This was in buildings that required a face covering to enter in the first place.
frk frk
Reply |

Even in non covid summers, gore is a ghost town. Does anyone know if covid insurance is being offered for season tickets? I’m very leery of purchasing a season’s pass this year without insurance. I don’t see how ski areas can solve the crowded lodge problem. I don’t want to live out of my car on a zero degree day. This latest covid surge around the country doesn’t bode well for this upcoming winter.
bumps bumps
Reply |

Benny Profane Benny Profane
Reply |

Some are forgetting that the shutdown decision isn't controlled by Vail or Alterra, but by the state, in the end.
funny like a clown
frk frk
Reply |

In reply to this post by bumps
Thanks for posting. ORDA has to implement pass incentives now or I’m unlikely to buy a pass. I’m very pessimistic about this season. Some places are talking about limiting daily visits or online sales only to control the crowds. Eat outside in the Adirondacks? I’m used to harsh winters but there are plenty of days that you have to go in after 4 runs for about a half an hour to warm up enough just to go out and take 4 more runs again. I would like ORDA to talk about these issues right now so we can plan to ski this winter.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

I reached out to Mike yesterday after I saw your post. If he gets back to me, I will share.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

More so than ever I feel lucky to have a pass at a small hill 1 mile from my house.
D.B. Cooper D.B. Cooper
Reply |

In reply to this post by Harvey
Last I knew, the WF gondola was going to be closed all summer for, essentially, a rebuild.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
x10003q x10003q
Reply |

D.B. Cooper wrote
Last I knew, the WF gondola was going to be closed all summer for, essentially, a rebuild.
Both gondolas are now 20plus years old.
1 ... 53545556575859