classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Campgaw, NJ 03/23/14

Jamesdeluxe
This post was updated on .
Over the past six weeks, my wife and I have taken our son several times to Campgaw because it's a comparatively short drive from our house, is very inexpensive, and our son doesn't notice how short it is, so win/win. We're trying to get him to use his poles (moderate success) and to narrow his stance (still working on it).

Campgaw is open this weekend and next for $15/person. There were a fair number of cars in the parking lot, but very few people actually on the hill. I realized that most were there for a GS race:

That's the Susan G. Komen cancer foundation logo on the snow:

This lift only serves "most difficult" terrain:

Campgaw Chuck:

While eating lunch, directly behind me I heard a voice I recognized: everyone's favorite ski-area owner. I remembered seeing someone with a "Plattekill Air Force" ski coat on the lift and it suddenly made sense. Laszlo was there with his son, who was taking part in the race:

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Campgaw, NJ 03/23/14

JasonWx
The snow cover is wall to wall , that's pretty incredible for this time of year..
Hey , I recognize those yellow poles
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Campgaw, NJ 03/23/14

x10003q
Campgaw was one of the places I first skied without my parents. In 4th and 5th grade my parents signed me up for about 4-5 weeks of morning lessons with a few friends. We used to get dropped off at 8:30, had the lesson in the morning and skied the rest of the day until one of the parents picked us up around 4.

Night skiing at Campgaw in Feb