7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Centerplate's new contract at Whiteface

Jack the Ripper
This post was updated on .
Noah John wrote
What they said.  Plus it might get a little crowded up there with the castle/atmospheric center and road.

There are so many better things for WF to spend its coin and political capital on.  Snow making on Hoyt's most immediately.  Retrofitting the ski racks on the gondi so that they accommodate today's wider skis comes to mind.  The Cloudspin Lounge could use a face lift.  I'm sure there's others.

And echoing what the previous poster said, you don't want to be on that summit when the wind machine is cranked up.  It's another world up there.
Center plates new contract mandates they upgrade the lounge. Same reason they did the rental area and tune shop, which was badly needed.
A bad day of skiing is better than a good day of working
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Why doesnt Whiteface service the summit with a lift?

Noah John
Didn't know that.  So who does the contract mandate do the upgrades - WF or Centerplate?  And regardless, when do these upgrades have to be completed?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Noah John wrote
Didn't know that.  So who does the contract mandate do the upgrades - WF or Centerplate?  And regardless, when do these upgrades have to be completed?
I'm fairly certain it's primarily Centerplate who pays, and the mountain provides the labor.  That's how the lodge improvements at Gore were structured and it's seems likely that WF made a similar deal.  Essentially in exchange for a longer term (10 year) deal CP was asked to invest.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
CP has changed my opinion of them.  They made some sweet investments @ WF including pretty bartenders that understand skiers are thirsty!!!!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Centerplate's new contract at Whiteface

ausable skier
not sure how this thread became a centerplate thread but i agree it takes much less time to get a beer in the bar at WF
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
I think the girls at the bar deserve props.  They are quick friendly and easy on they eyes
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
yeah boi!