Chairlift hangers, falls and misc fails...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
27 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: (Warning-toilet humor!) Re: Chairlift hangers, falls and misc fails...

campgottagopee
That's great Brownski!!!

Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I should have added. All the commotion woke up the guy on the couch who actually lived there. He thought I was beating up his friend. When I told him his pal was peeing in the fridge he didn't believe me. I told him I'd just gone to the grocery store and now my oranges had piss all over them. This guy actually took my bag of oranges to the sink and started rinsing them off. I was like you "fuck you. I can't eat them now. Pay for them." I think he came up with like $16.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhaha
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Chairlift hangers, falls and misc fails...

Brownski
In reply to this post by Brownski
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
Johnnyonthespot wrote
12 year old me, 2 hot 20 somethings, the chair all the way to skiers left at Windham, let them get off first, jumped off about 5 seconds too late, 5 foot drop, got outta there quick.
A story a friend told me.  This goes back a ways, prime player was invited to the 1960 Winter Olympic tryouts.  He was a good ski jumper as well as cross country skier.

Anyway, my friend told me about an EISA carnival race, and there was a mixer after the first day of competition.  He was chatting with a cute co-ed from another school and she said, did you see the guy whose ski came off when he launched from the jump?

He goes, I was too embarrassed to tell her that it was me.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis1
In reply to this post by Brownski
RIP
Horrible news
Condolences to family and friends.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
One of my more memorable lift rides happened on Greek Peak's Visions Express Quad. Big D and I skied up to the gates. Already at the gate was a frail old man in the center. As the gates opened I started sliding onto the conveyor. As I did, the pole in my left hand got hung up on something. I gave it a yank, still stuck. At this point it would've been prudent to forget about the pole and load the chair. Since I'm an idiot, I gave the pole another yank. By this time I'm turned 90° on the conveyor and the chair is almost there. I decide to step off. I fall, the chair passes over me. My right ski gets Tangled in the chair. I get dragged almost to the end of the conveyor before the liftie stops the chair. Meanwhile the frail old man has boarded the chair that I was entangled with. Big D had not gone when the gates opened. I got my ski dislodged, got the pole I just had to have , and walked around and sat on the chair with the old man. As the chair starts back up he says to me, "I'm afraid you're going to kill me." I told him this wasn't my first clambake, and that my pole got stuck. I pointed to the far left of the chair and told him I could slide over there if he'd feel better, but I pointed out that since I probably had 150lbs on the guy, he'd be about a foot higher than me.

I asked him how old he was, 90. He tells me he used to ski jump when he was a young man. I think it was bigger than downhill in what, the 30's? He also said he was friends with the famous Trapp family in VT. As we approached the exit ramp I considered intentionally flailing as I got off. I skied smoothly away.

Now if that isn't dedication, I don't know what is. At 90 any fall would almost certainly be his last. I'll be lucky if I'm above ground at 90, let alone sliding down a snowy hill, kudos.