Re: City slickers are using VT has their virus hideout

Looks like suburbia is the place to be.
Z Z
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Translation the mtns have no capacity and will have to drive into the cities for healthcare.

We are all in this together.
There will be no driving to the city.  There were tests the local hospital in SL needed done last week and Albany said sorry we are too busy for you.  Everything else might get maxed out so the northern Daks  has to fend for itself but we don’t need extra city people to take care of particularly ones that bring it up here.

You can say we are all in this together but the reality is if this gets really bad nobody is going to care about us up here.  Something to think about for those driving north.  I’d be thinking of driving south and maybe going camping for a couple weeks if I lived in NJ.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by TheGreatAbyss
Link?

If you actually want people to stay away, you wouldn't post about it.

I also agree with complaining about your customers spending money, seems odd.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by Z
You're in far more danger from economic consequences than health consequences.

We're in it together.
raisingarizona raisingarizona
Reply |

witch hobble witch hobble
Reply |

In reply to this post by TheGreatAbyss
So don’t follow those people for a while. Kind of an asshole mentality.

The mountain towns are going to need your support and money in a few weeks or months, but right now it is still probably best to lay low where you are and assume that you are already carrying this (literally we are all in this together) and do your part to slow community spread until we have time to ramp up a plan. If everyone from the Bos-Wash megalopolis who has easy access to a condo/cabin/lake house in the mountains heads there, nothing good will come from it.

Harv seems to have been set off by being lumped into the term “city slickers”. It is a common generalization that I have probably used (rafting customers, clueless skiers) in the same way it is easy to refer to certain segments of the population as hicks or rednecks. These are words that entered the lexicon, nothing more. Don’t be offended by them.  Not now at least.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

I don't care about that term, really. It's us vs them I don't like.

NYSB has always been, in part, about breaking down us vs them.  It's about that because I don't like us vs them.
witch hobble witch hobble
Reply |

There has been country mouse/city mouse since before white people came to America. Lots of it is good natured fun and not malicious in any way.  Mostly it is not “us v them”, but merely reinforcing and/or validation of lifestyle choices. It is symbiotic.

As the USA emerges from the aftermath of this, I picture there will be a bit of migration away from cities by well heeled mostly white folk.  And there will be immigration to American cities and suburbs by people from other places. Same as it ever was.
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

witch hobble wrote
. Lots of it is good natured fun and not malicious in any way.  
Not sure if you've seen Z's posts in the STR thread, but... I think it's a bit malicious on one side
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

It doesn't matter where you live. Rural hospitals have to keep a daily log of protective gear and send it to the DOH. The reason they do this is for NYC. If the city gets overwhelmed with cases, they (DOH) will take products from rural hospitals to send there, and we will run on empty.

1234567 ... 32