City slickers are using VT as their virus hideout

319 messages Options
1 ... 29303132
Harvey Harvey
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: City slickers are using VT as their virus hideout

campgottagopee wrote
One thing I enjoy about NYS is how diverse it is. We have one of the greatest cities in the world, the finger lakes region, and the North country.
+1
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Jamesdeluxe Jamesdeluxe
Reply |

campgottagopee wrote
One thing I enjoy about NYS is how diverse it is. We have one of the greatest cities in the world, the finger lakes region, and the North country.
That's what I tell people out west. Because it's such an oddly-shaped state, we have everything except a desert, or at least it feels that way. When my wife and I went to Maui for our honeymoon (her choice, not mine), I told her that NYS has much better waterfalls.
Cornhead Cornhead
Reply |

NY rocks, much more interesting geologically than PA, Great Lakes, Finger Lakes, St Lawrence, Susquehanna, Daks, Cats, Gunk's. I love NY, even if when you tell someone you're from NY, they assume you're from NYC.

I grew up when Binghamton was a high tech hot spot, IBM, Link, GE, Lockheed Martin. We always assumed we had a Russian ICBM aimed at us. Ah, the good old days.
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

In reply to this post by Jamesdeluxe
Agree : Nys has got it all as far as natural features and opportunities for diversity of recreational and cultural interests. Beautiful Mountains and Lakes  , The 1000 islands region, pastoral and quaint villages and towns and the Ocean and NYC ..

The economy however is not as strong above TILNOW 's southern border with the exception of the Puzzle Palace on The Hudson ( the recession proof duchy that is the Capital district ) 😉

( TILNOW **  ....There Is Life North Of Westchester ) a fictitious region 😱WE in upstate SUNY colleges always used when lobbying THE  legislature
Peter Minde Peter Minde
Reply |

In reply to this post by Jamesdeluxe
Jamesdeluxe wrote
campgottagopee wrote
That's what I tell people out west. Because it's such an oddly-shaped state, we have everything except a desert, or at least it feels that way. When my wife and I went to Maui for our honeymoon (her choice, not mine), I told her that NYS has much better waterfalls.
Actually, on Springfield Road in Upper Jay, there's a small stretch of land that might qualify as desert.
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

In reply to this post by Cornhead
Cornhead wrote
. I love NY, even if when you tell someone you're from NY, they assume you're from NYC.
Ain't that the truth. When I tell people I've only been to NYC 3 times in my life they look at me like I have 2 heads.
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

campgottagopee wrote
Cornhead wrote
. I love NY, even if when you tell someone you're from NY, they assume you're from NYC.
Ain't that the truth. When I tell people I've only been to NYC 3 times in my life they look at me like I have 2 heads.
More fun then that is when NYC people try to figure out where things are upstate. Where’s Saratoga? Someplace near Buffalo, right?

I remember one of my college roommates trying to describe a trip he took up the Taconic to Albany. He was trying to explain how he got lost on the way and I asked if he remembered driving over the Hudson to try and figure out where he went wrong. He was confused by the question so I explained that Albany is west of the river and Troy is East. He got a funny, angry look on his face and said “Hold on! Albany is in Jersey!!???” He was serious. I died laughing.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

Brownski wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Cornhead wrote
More fun then that is when NYC people try to figure out where things are upstate. Where’s Saratoga? Someplace near Buffalo, right?

I remember one of my college roommates trying to describe a trip he took up the Taconic to Albany. He was trying to explain how he got lost on the way and I asked if he remembered driving over the Hudson to try and figure out where he went wrong. He was confused by the question so I explained that Albany is west of the river and Troy is East. He got a funny, angry look on his face and said “Hold on! Albany is in Jersey!!???” He was serious. I died laughing.
That is hilarious!!!

Brownski Brownski
Reply |

1 ... 29303132