1254 messages Options
1 ... 123124125126
Milo Maltbie Milo Maltbie
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Coronavirus

campgottagopee wrote
Brownski wrote
I believe Camp is probably sharing out of concern for the bar owners and employees rather then concern for the drunks
This is true. It goes back to a few ruining it for everyone else. The ones this hurt the most are the responsible bar owners who are doing nothing other than trying to make a living. Why can't the Gov simply close down the ones who don't comply. I still say he did an incredible job but now it sometime seems he's enjoying flexing his muscles.
IT's probably easier to require food than it is to clear a bar full of drunks. We need to accept that everything is awful now and for the foreseeable future. This is just one more thing.

There's been a 40 year war against happy hour by the DWI lobby. When this is over I'm sure they will push to keep the-drinks-with-food-only rule permanently.

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

Milo Maltbie wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Brownski wrote
I believe Camp is probably sharing out of concern for the bar owners and employees rather then concern for the drunks
This is true. It goes back to a few ruining it for everyone else. The ones this hurt the most are the responsible bar owners who are doing nothing other than trying to make a living. Why can't the Gov simply close down the ones who don't comply. I still say he did an incredible job but now it sometime seems he's enjoying flexing his muscles.
IT's probably easier to require food than it is to clear a bar full of drunks. We need to accept that everything is awful now and for the foreseeable future. This is just one more thing.

There's been a 40 year war against happy hour by the DWI lobby. When this is over I'm sure they will push to keep the-drinks-with-food-only rule permanently.

mm
Seriously??? The health department can close one down in a matter of minutes.
tjf1967 tjf1967
Reply |

I am very down on the US in general right now.  How can the place I call my home, what I think to be the best country in the world be getting this so wrong.  So I did a little snooping and now to me it appears what is happening here is happening just about anywhere I would consider living.  Good thing the entire world is working on this.  Its like a train going down a track and we are trying to finish the bridge before it gets there.  
raisingarizona raisingarizona
Reply |

Don’t let that American exceptionalism cloud your judgement.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/how-to-waste-1-trillion-200156818.html
1 ... 123124125126