4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Didier Cuche's last race!

Telemark Dave
Retiring with style....

T.D.
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Didier Cuche's last race!

Sick Bird Rider
Very classy. Imagine what would happen if you took a skier from back in the day (say, Dick Durrance) and put him on modern gear?

I wonder if those skis have metal edges? Hard to tell from the video.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Yeah, hard to tell about the edges, regardless, pretty impressive skiing down a world cup course on old gear...
As for Dick D., although he could slay the gnar in his day, I'm pretty sure his physical conditioning and strength doesn't come close to a current world class ski racer.  He'd be better off sticking to the equipment Didier was using... Prolly would do just fine!

TD
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

ADKarver
I wish I could get on my metal edges half as well as he does on the wood "edges".