4 messages Options
Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Douglass resigns Jay & Essex Co post for state job

Z
This post was updated on .
http://www.pressrepublican.com/news/jay-supervisor-resigning-to-take-state-post/article_3e2e10e2-f277-11e4-9e6d-671ec6520cca.html

Randy is Jay's town supervisor and chairman of Essex Co board of Supervisors.  He is a local hero for leading the efforts to rebuild post Irene.  In another interview he said he could not say what job he is taking until the Gov formally announces it soon.

News stories last year said he did not want to run for Congress or NYS state legislature because he didn't want to spend time away from family.  What Nys state job would be attractive enough to leave his position and still live locally?  Only two I can think of are APA head or Orda head jobs.  Given his comments in the article about rebuilding the Olympic facilities Randy could soon be running  Orda ?

Douglas said he regrets leaving his post before the planned rebuild of the Olympic sports facilities around Lake Placid.

“We need to fix our Olympic facilities so we can be on a par with Colorado, Salt Lake City. If there’s any way I can help, I will be right there in the forefront.”

He said the effort is in good hands, though, with Supervisor Roby Politi (R-North Elba) working toward the Olympic rehab.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Douglass resigns Jay & Essex Co post for state job

Z
My guess was wrong

Word is a Randy is going to doing something related to unemployment.  Sounds like an Albany job though which is surprising.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Awesome post. Wild speculation followed by a retraction 12 hours later when more information is known.

You really are a Republican.

Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I voted for Randy and he is a dem