Duypuytrens Sux

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Duypuytrens Sux

Jon951

Anyone dealing with this condition? Just had hand treated with Xiaflex and it appears to have done the trick. Pinky and ring finger were contracted which is common for this condition. Hopefully reoccurrence will not rear its ugly head..at least for a while, meaning years, not months. Apparently, this condition is very unpredictable. The first few days were interesting as it felt like I had a blow torch on my hand. All good now. Figured I'd do it now before the season starts. Left hand treated, and right hand will be done in the spring, post season. Duypuytrens Sux, but better than some other dreaded disease....that's for sure.
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Duypuytrens Sux

Brownski
Sorry to hear. I hadn’t heard of that before so I just looked at the Wikipedia page for it. Based on the description I believe I know a couple of guys through work who have it. Sounds like it sucks to go through but hopefully won’t stop you from skiing. Hang in there.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Have had it in BOTH hands for over a decade . I kiddingly call it  my "rosary beads " in my palms .

I have  no pain  some very mild ache on rare occasion, BUT no contraction of the fingers . More of a PIA than a painful or debilitating thing . has absolutely NOT affected skiing , golf , tennis etc

Also known as " Viking's disease "
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951

Thanks guys,
I'm beginning to learn this condition is not as uncommon as I initially thought.  I'm just hoping it doesn't reoccur, which can happen. For me it has been years in the making, but with my pinky contracting 45 degrees, it was time to take action. Time will tell how the treatment works out.
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

2000yearoldskier
Do this , slam the hand with a large book  ( medical journals work best )  as hard as you can . It really works.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
2000yearoldskier wrote
Do this , slam the hand with a large book  ( medical journals work best )  as hard as you can . It really works.
I would use a Bible...just sayin'
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
the book slamming treatment is for Ganglion Cyst.

dups is treated with drugs or surgery
the surgery is ugly
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

2000yearoldskier
Ooops , I will stop giving medical advice.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
2000yearoldskier wrote
Ooops , I will stop giving medical advice.
lol
My dad had the cysts and a friend had the duyps..
"Peace and Love"