Elm Ridge Windham Mountain Bike Trails,

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Elm Ridge Windham Mountain Bike Trails,

JamesP
for anyone looking for a great Mountain Bike experience in the Northern Catskills , try the Elm Ridge trails just South of Windham off of Rte 23. We rode them this week and they were awesome. They were built a few years ago, by Mountain Bikers for Mountain Bikers, with State aid. Miles and miles of single track, banked and bridged, and switch backed. It really is a find, as there aren't too many places to Mountain Bike in that area except the lift served  at Windham Mountain. You can get a map at the local bike shop, but the trails are very well marked with maps at major intersections http://windhamarf.org/elm-ridge/ a couple of good bars in town for post ride.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Elm Ridge Windham Mountain Bike Trails,

Marcski
These are great trails. I've ridden them a number of times and know some of the guys who are/were invloved in making them.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
this sounds great..Thanks for the info!!!

"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

JamesP
the people at Windham Mountain Outfitters were helpful, they have maps and advice, and rentals  http://www.windhamoutfitters.com/
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Do you think it's worth a 2 drive?
I don't mind peddling up hill for a hour , if the downhill is rad..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

JamesP
We did the drive and would definitely do it again, really great trails. but if you want to stay over and have a few cool ones summer rates in the hotels are really cheap
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Elm Ridge is awesome!
I ride with Crazy Horse!