Endorsing The North Face ski apparel company

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Endorsing The North Face ski apparel company

Jon951

Here to endorse the North Face ski apparel company who made good on providing replacement for a friend of mines Gortex jacket after he was involved in a horrific snowboarding accident, involving traumatic brain injury. The Ski Patrol cut the coat off him as part of his rescue...kudos to them as well for assisting him under the most critical circumstances.  My friend, who spoke infrequently following injury, mutter the words, "I want my jacket" to the amazement of those in his presence. I told my friend we'd get him back on the snow next season, took the remains of the jacket, and called The North Face in Alameda, CA. After telling his story, the warranty dept. concluded they wanted to be part of his rehab and issued a substantial credit for him to replace his jacket. They also stated the fact this was not what they considered to be a typical warranty circumstance (for obvious reasons), but felt compelled to make good on the product out of sheer concern for my friend's condition and to support him in any way they could. I replied, "word of mouth is the best advertising"...so here I am spreading the word... this is one stand up company. I would encourage everyone to consider patronizing them in the future. My friend is advancing in his recovery and rehab...so far so good on that front. As far as the accident, there were no witnesses and my friend is unable to recount or communicate the details of what happened. His neurologist said it may not be uncommon for him to provide detail 6 months from now, assuming he rehabs successfully and his thoughts catch up with themselves.
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Endorsing The North Face ski apparel company

ml242
Hope he makes a full recovery, the man has good taste, too.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
What ML said^^^

Good on North Face for having class

Huge fan of North Face --- my Scot Schmidt Steep Tech jacket is still on of my fave's --- they build stuff to last
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
campgottagopee wrote
Huge fan of North Face --- my Scot Schmidt Steep Tech jacket is still on of my fave's --- they build stuff to last
I bought some NF boots this year to wear around town, they still look brand new after being my daily drivers. I'm totally sold on their stuff!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Very classy move on the part of North Face

Many of the top ski apparel companies have very nice warranty programs even on Kids stuff.  My son is way harder than average on his jackets and pants given how much more he skis compared to the average kid. Both Patagonia and LL Bean have made good on seams he has blown out.

He has had several pairs of North Face Pants and they have never had to be repaired which is a testament to their quality.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Goreskimom
Hope your friend has a full recovery. Kudos to North Face. I will remember that the next time I am making a purchase.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
Thanks for the well wishes for my friend. It will be a slow and arduous recovery, but things are going very well considering his circumstances. His wife, a nurse, has taken off 4 weeks to care for him. Hopefully he'll advance to the point he can be on his own when her time off comes to a close. He requires a caretaker to be with him for now. He is slowly recovering, but not even remotely close to being 100%. It's questionable if he'll get himself back to his original level of function. We're all hoping the best for him as he heals and goes through therapy. I spent a good part of the morning with him today offering well wishes , encouraging and positive words to help him deal with his circumstance. I communicated with him the best I could, and believe he acknowledged my words of support. This was a good sign for sure.
"Feets fail me not"