Experience with BD Factor 130s and/or GearX.com?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Experience with BD Factor 130s and/or GearX.com?

Brownski
Anybody have experience with Black Diamond Factor 130 Boots? or with GearX.com. They have have a great deal on them. The reviews seem highly positive but a lot of folks claim they run small (at least a couple of years previous models). If it were STP, I would just order them., knowing they have such a good return policy. This is why I hate buying ski gear online.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Experience with BD Factor 130s and/or GearX.com?

Marcski
I had them for a number of years before I started to tele full time.  I thought they were really great.  After about 4 years or so, I ordered a 2nd set of OEM liners from BD, which now only have about 20 days on them, that's when I started to tele.  I thought they had a pretty roomy toe box and they really gripped my heel which I liked.  The BOA liners were pretty cool too.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Marc, did they run small? I suspect the reviewers that are complaining about that are just used to softer boots so I want to discount them but I'm a little nervous about pulling the trigger anyway
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
I don't remember to be honest. I don't think so.  I think they were 27.5's and I usually wear a 10.5 shoe, which I think is about spot on.  I did get into a smaller Scarpa Tele boot though, which I love...