Extended Hours in the Spring

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Extended Hours in the Spring

snoloco
Every year (except last year) Hunter stays open till 5 every Saturday from the first Saturday on DST to the end of the season and 4:30 on at least one earlier weekend in March.  They are the only mountain in NY that I know of that does this on a regular basis.  However, I do remember one time, many years ago, that Windham kept the quad running until 4:30 but, I haven't seen them do this since.  Does anyone else know of any other ski area that does something similar?
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Extended Hours in the Spring

Harvey
Administrator
Plattekill does this although I'm not sure they publicize it.

If you want to ski late at Plattekill in spring, look for Laszlo late in the day.  Rip it with him, and make sure to tell him Plattekill has the best terrain in the Cats. He'll skis until the sun goes behind the mountain and will keep the lift running until then.

Laz loves the corn
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Not NY, but Killington is open 'til 5 on weekends these days.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
Whiteface has done it before but people didnt take advantage of it.  people still show up early and want to ski early and quit early.  cant just extend the day due to overtime costs.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In the spring I prefer to end when the snow gets heavier and hit the deck for some adult beverages
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

evergreen
I noticed that MRG was closing at 4:30 last weekend and Sugarbush is 10-5 weekdays, 9-5 weekends now.