Finally, some Gore off season activities !!!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Finally, some Gore off season activities !!!

Snowballs
Banned User
With all that's been going on, we shouldn't overlook this fall activity schedule at Gore.

Gore Mountain:Fun Every Sat & Sun Now Through Columbus Day Weekend!        

NORTH CREEK - Gore Mountain will be opening the Hudson Chair at the North Creek Ski Bowl for scenic rides and mountain biking August 27-28, so that region visitors have a chance to explore Little Gore during the summer! The schedule will follow with six weekends of Northwoods Gondola fun from Labor Day to Columbus Day Weekends.

The Hudson Chair operation coincides with the first weekend of “Day Out with Thomas” happening at the nearby Saratoga & North Creek Railway. Complimentary shuttle will be provided from the train depot to the Hudson Chair. Once at the Ski Bowl, chairlift rides that feature new views of the Hudson River, Moxham Mountain, The Vanderwhacker Forest, and North Creek village will be offered! Mountain bikers and hikers can try lift-serviced terrain on the new “Peaceful Valley” trail, and foodservice will be available. Ski Bowl Park is home to picnic areas, tennis courts, a ball field, small pond, and community gardens.

For all Saturdays and Sundays following from September 3 until October 9, the Northwoods Gondola will be open at Gore Mountain’s primary base area, offering even more hiking and biking opportunities, as well as special events each weekend! Shuttle service from the train depot to Gore Mountain will continue. Highlights of the fall schedule include:

Sunday, September 4: Yoga in the Adirondacks re-Treat, which includes two 90-minute yoga sessions, Bear Mountain summit meditation, and a specialty health luncheon including locally grown and homemade products for just $75. Maximum attendance is 15.

Saturday-Sunday, September 10-11: Season Passholder Appreciation Weekend, offering complimentary gondola rides, hiking, and mountain biking to all 11/12 season passholders.

Saturday, September 17: Downhill Mountain Biking Camp for beginner and intermediate riders, including base area coaching, guided group tours, and lunch for $59.

Saturday, September 24: Carl Heilman II Photography Camp, combining indoor and outdoor instruction with Gore Mountain’s unique natural environment to shoot foliage, moving water, landscapes, and more. Lunch is included for a total cost of $69.95, with a maximum attendance of 20.

Saturday, October 1: Gore Mountain Leaf Cruncher- the toughest 5K in the North Country! Register online for just $15 before September 29 at www.active.com.

Saturday-Sunday, October 8-9: Gore Mountain Harvest Fest, the grand finale of the fall schedule! This massive free-admissio family event offers live entertainment all weekend, an amazing array of Adirondack vendors, inflatable village, creative fall food and drink menu, children’s entertainers and activity schedule, helicopter rides, pony rides, and so much more. Bands include Raisinhead and The Ernie Williams Band.

The fall season at Gore offers something for everyone, and guests are encouraged to participate for education, enjoyment, fitness, or all of the above. Gore Mountain is an outstanding venue for corporate events, family gatherings, birthday parties, and other special occasions. For more information on all of Gore Mountain’s programs and events, as well exciting news about snowmaking, lodge, and trail improvements in progress for the upcoming winter, visit www.GoreMountain.com.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Finally, some Gore off season activities !!!

Adk Jeff
I agree SB, this is good to see.  The SNCRR has been running full-page ads recently in The Saratogian, have they been running in the Post-Star too?  I think the combination of the trains and the activity at Gore could really be positive for North Creek.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Adk Jeff wrote
I agree SB, this is good to see.  The SNCRR has been running full-page ads recently in The Saratogian, have they been running in the Post-Star too?  I think the combination of the trains and the activity at Gore could really be positive for North Creek.
Full page ads? Impressive effort. Don't know about any Post Star ads, but they're still running TV ads. Das Guten, ja?

A thought I've been having lately ( I know, I know..who gives a ratatouille!) is maybe North Creek has an image to overcome that impedes their success. That being, people think and feel that it's a dead area with nothing to do up there. I've heard people say that. Plus, thus alot to do around this area that NC must compete against. Sometimes, ideas become cemented in the public's mind and like Pavlov's pooches, people just won't change their perceptions no matter what.

I didn't make it to Gore once last season. This year, I'll be back to many visits, but honestly, I don't see myself venturing downtown. It just does not interest me. I'ld rather go home. In the off season, there is plenty to do around here for entertainment without driving up to NC. After dozens of trips up there in the winter, driving up there in the summer is kinda like an old married couple who are no longer interested in bumpin uglies anymore.

I do plan on visiting many area mtns this year and maybe a certain fly boy will show me around Willard. If not, I'll storm West Wednesday nights and rain on his rotors.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
I actually haven't seen the tv ads.
Sure. I'll show you around Willard anytime.  Won't take long, but it's a fun place anyway.  My 7-yr-old even has a couple of "off-the-map" tree runs we can do.  Oops, don't tell Chic (GM).
And that image thing is something NC has been dealing with for decades.  One-word explanation:  bypass.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Cool. Willard it is, Jeff.