Finding that Magical Skier Lady Friend

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
48 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Finding that Magical Skier Lady Friend

raisingarizona
I had a ripper gf years back. To be completely honest, I got tired of always doing stuff with her.

I love having a gf that doesn't do those things, that's my time and I like my time with my buddies. I like that time apart from each other. As long as they get that you need the stuff you are into and give you space I think it works really well.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adrider83
That's an interesting point...I've felt that way about past girlfriends with certain activities..fly fishing, skiing...maybe seeking it out is not the answer...
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Adrider83 wrote
 maybe seeking it out is not the answer...
with solid advise from AZ you've just answered your own question

sit back --- relax ---- let them come to you
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Learn to be a ski instructor. But leave the 'tude on the table.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote

I love having a gf that doesn't do those things, that's my time and I like my time with my buddies. I like that time apart from each other. As long as they get that you need the stuff you are into and give you space I think it works really well.
The above advise is spot on..Find a girl that you like and click with,as long as she understands your addictions all will be cool..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
 Rack it lil man  
Don't know what you're laughing at Cam,,,, You ain't been laid since Clinton was President !  

Racked.  
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by JasonWx
And if she tries to ruin you by not giving you the time you need? Send her packing!

There are so many soulless men walking around that have basically just given up on life because of their pia lady.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Someone should redo that hot crazy matrix chart to compensate for skiing ability vs looks vs gaperability.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adrider83
In reply to this post by raisingarizona

raisingarizona wrote
And if she tries to ruin you by not giving you the time you need? Send her packing!

There are so many soulless men walking around that have basically just given up on life because of their pia lady.
Exactly...I still think she's out there!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Dont listen to peetex.  Hes old, angry and russian! 👼🏼👼🏼
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
raisingarizona wrote

The above advise is spot on..Find a girl that you like and click with,as long as she understands your addictions all will be cool..
Yep.  Be yourself.  Show your love of skiing up front and how she handles it.  She may/will have other interests that may not jive with yours, so it will likely be a trade-off.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Adrider83
Adrider83 wrote
I figure this is as good as place to ask, as any.  How many of you managed to find a lady friend that also happens to love skiing?
Me. Then not me. Then me again. Then not me again. Then me again.

The problem with these types of women (and I've known a few) is that their combination of free-spiritedness and dogged determination is tough to wrangle. Even if you can catch on to one, there's no telling how long the ride will last.

How about someone that is always down for getting out early, earning the turns, and all the other great things associated with the life of a skier?
This might be tough. It's hard enough to find guy friends who are "always" down for getting out early and earning their turns.

But early ups on weekends and touring partners of both sexes are definitely out there.

How did you find this lady?  
Ski instructing. Whoever said you have to be where they are is right. If you sign up to be a ski instructor, there are usually a few single women working at the mountain already who are looking for a skiing dude. And if you don't like those choices, there are several new hires every year to choose from. Ski Patrol also works for this.

Reply | Threaded
|

64ER
MC2,

Apparently you ain't a true Adirondacker.  Heck, my idiot nephew (whom you used to hang with) swears by family reunions, not ski instructing to "Find That Magical Skier Lady Friend".  Oh wait....he's a snowboard instructor.

Oops, my bad.

Ski You and Ace On The Hill.  All The Best.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
Adrider83 wrote
I figure this is as good as place to ask, as any.  How many of you managed to find a lady friend that also happens to love skiing?
Me. Then not me. Then me again. Then not me again. Then me again.

The problem with these types of women (and I've known a few) is that their combination of free-spiritedness and dogged determination is tough to wrangle. Even if you can catch on to one, there's no telling how long the ride will last.

How about someone that is always down for getting out early, earning the turns, and all the other great things associated with the life of a skier?
This might be tough. It's hard enough to find guy friends who are "always" down for getting out early and earning their turns.

But early ups on weekends and touring partners of both sexes are definitely out there.

How did you find this lady?  
Ski instructing. Whoever said you have to be where they are is right. If you sign up to be a ski instructor, there are usually a few single women working at the mountain already who are looking for a skiing dude. And if you don't like those choices, there are several new hires every year to choose from. Ski Patrol also works for this.
I met my wife that way as well Matt.  We both were new hires and the trainer paired us up for some training tasks.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
It's a tough shoe to fill, however you seem like a well rounded dude that's active and goal oriented... Take a look at the guys around you, your competition is pathetic.

I wouldn't focus on finding a broad at the mountain, that's gonna be tough.  If she's single, she's probably skiing with friends/family so how are you to know?

Maybe at the gym look for the one that isn't taking selfies the whole time and looks like she may do some activities outside of the walls of mirrors.  Stalk her into the parking lot, see what kind of car she drives.  Follow her home, but not too close...  Park down her street at first.  Once she's settled in and relaxed watching TV get out of your car, you can probably easily sneak up to her window and get an idea of what she's like.  When you take your phone out to take photos of her make sure your sound is OFF and more importantly that the flash is OFF...
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by Chris
Hahahahahahah!!Classic!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Careful Scotty they are going to take away your liberal card if you don't act outraged by this
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Coach Z wrote
Careful Scotty they are going to take away your liberal card if you don't act outraged by this
Bro, I was referring to chris's quote. Which i think is larry off the charts.   The date rape post is not funny.  And im actually very moderate except for when it comes to stupid.  Def no tolerance for the stupid greedy and short sighted  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Z
Breaking: Area conservative can't just enjoy joke on Internet - must score bs political point.