For Vermont, a banner ski year

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

For Vermont, a banner ski year

fahz
Vermont has confirmed what we all already knew it was a great year to ski...  

For Vermont, a banner ski year from Bloomberg
"The Vermont Ski Areas Association says the 4.36 million during the 2010-11 season makes it the best year since 2004-05."
"Parker Riehle, president of Ski Vermont, says the ski and ride industry proved its resilience, bringing rooms and meals tax revenues in at 5 percent ahead of last year and sales tax revenues at 6.5 percent ahead."
11/25, 1/28, 4/6 Okemo; 12/03, 3/4, 4/7 Stratton; 12/10 - Skiing Santas, 1/15, 3/10 Whiteface; 12/22, 3/3 Gore; 12/26 Snow Ridge; 12/28 Stratton; 1/20 Mt Sunapee; 1/21 Pico; 2/3 Killington; 2/7, 3/7 Windham; 2/16 Eldora; 2/17, 2/18, 2/20 Winter Park; 2/19 Steamboat; 2/21 Copper; 3/11 Jiminy Peak; 3/17 Bromley; 3/25, 4/8 Belleayre; 3/31 Hunter
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: For Vermont, a banner ski year

Harvey
Administrator
Visits were up across the US as a whole too.  

My theory on that is that the northeast is a huge part of total US skier visits and the weather really cooperated in our part of the country.

New Hampshire reported good numbers as well - the second best in NH history:

http://www.firsttracksonline.com/2011/06/15/2010-11-a-successful-ski-season-for-new-hampshire-resorts/

I spoke to Jon Lundin on Monday and he said ORDA numbers would be out in mid-July when the annual report is published.

Anyone have a line on Catskill numbers or Central/Western NY?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: For Vermont, a banner ski year

tBatt
This post was updated on .
Harvey44 wrote
Anyone have a line on Catskill numbers or Central/Western NY?
I can tell you Western NY had a pretty bad year. Well, October- January had good snow at least. There was green grass popping up on campus from the end of January. We would get a storm and within a week there would be green again.