Forestport - Old Forge - Speculator - Forestport

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
25 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Forestport - Old Forge - Speculator - Forestport

warp daddy
Some of my posse used to  ride the rail trail from Childwold NY ( 18 miles west ofTupper off rt 3 ) thru the Dacks to Big Moose then in to Eagle Bay and Inlet .

Some  sore butts , some busted. Bogey wheels ( back in the day ) But always  a hoot and grist for beaucoup QUALITY BS stories in the coffee break lounge once back in civilization .. Bwaaaa hahahahhaa
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I was super uncomfortable riding the tracks. Man - 0 - Man if you hit one of those rail bolts or junction boxes it will ruin your day!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Ciscokid
Ciscokid wrote
I don't remember a snowmobile trip report here before but this jogs great memories from the early '70s at Old Forge and Speculator. Remember on my dads 775 Blizzard( '72) as a 13 year old going down the Thendara airstrip wfo and had no idea how fast I was going but that sucker with its twin tillotsons vibrated like a beast.
My dad rode the tracks to Lk Placid and Malone. Had great memories of the hardware store in OForge and there used to be a Howard Johnson there.
Nice!

Yeah, Harv let's me get away with it. Somebody has to be the black sheep of the family.

Those Tillotson carbs are touchy --- rebuilt the one on my 71' Panther but didn't solve the issue. Need's a new center seal so that's a projuect for the summer.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
It's legit.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|