tBatt wrote
Gapers are always stoked.
Truth
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gaper of the Week

lolkl
I don't know. But I am ok with campy calling out a gaper. He wasn't upset with the kid being a gaper. Just pointing it out. There is nothing wrong with being a gaper and God knows we need gapers. Many gapers know that they are, in fact, gapers. And they don't care. I was that gaper with the tickets also. Gapers ARE stoked. Maybe more than they should be but stoked is good. Over the years, I have seen a lot of gapers. Some are more note worthy than others. So pointing out gapers and their gaper actions is funny to me.
If you are sensitive about being a gaper or if calling " gaper " on someone is troubling for you.... A - Z zone. You could start a thread on who has the biggest wad of tickets to some place in New Jersey.
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
We live in a culture now that is turning experience into material, in some ways I can see that as a positive but in many ways they are living a life of social media lies and never letting go of the material and actually living in the moment.
I'm always amazed when I see people on TV holding up their smartphones to record a huge moment during a big event. They end up watching that moment on their little smartphone screens instead of actually watching it live. OK, it proves you were there, but you didn't really see it, did you?
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by lolkl
lolkl wrote
  I was that gaper with the tickets also. .
I'm thinking we all did this as kids, or at least I know I did. That said, this dude was easily in his 20's --- TOTAL GAPER
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
back in the day if you did not have tickets you were a gaper.  Oh how things change.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
lolkl wrote
  I was that gaper with the tickets also. .
I'm thinking we all did this as kids, or at least I know I did. That said, this dude was easily in his 20's --- TOTAL GAPER
I thinks it's really cool to have all the lift tickets showing where you've been this year. If that makes you a gaper, then fine.

I'd gladly call myself a gaper. I don't care. I just have a love for skiing powder and soft corduroy as well. I enjoy being out in the fresh air. Looking at the scenery and all the trees. Being out in nature and being able to get outside in winter. I love the feeling of skis swishing side to side and the sensation of speed and wind in my face. I love fresh untracked pow and feeling of being in the clouds. I love skiing when it's snowing outside and tracks getting refilled and the beauty of snow itself. I love snow. I love skiing. I love it all.

If that makes me a gaper, then I'm a GAPER :) I dont' care about being core or people thinking I'm cool. I'm there for my own enjoyment. I'd prefer the mountain to be empty and no one even watching.
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by tjf1967
tjf1967 wrote
back in the day if you did not have tickets you were a gaper.  Oh how things change.
Ya know I had actually forgotten about that, you are 100% correct....wonder where those brain-cells went
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
In reply to this post by I:)skiing
I:)skiing wrote
Rant:  I hate ticket checkers who insist their ray gun beep.    Resorts: Please either fix the barcodes so your guns can read the damm tickets fast (like the grocery store) or let the skier pass after looking at the date.
The lifties HATE having to use the gun, but they take orders from Tammy, who takes orders from Mike, who takes orders from ORDA. It's almost as stupid as not having a web cam.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble