Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Go pros and drones

Snowballs
Banned User
I:)skiing wrote
Clarity...

From USA Today

The Federal Aviation Administration considers it illegal to fly drones for commercial purposes, including real estate photography. A judge earlier this year struck down the FAA's ban on commercial drone flights. However, real estate agents could still face a $10,000 fine from the FAA, which appealed the ruling.
Yea there was an article about this last summer in the Chronicle newspaper. The realtor national association warns people not to use drone pics in publications as they could get fined.

Wonder if NYSSB falls under this umbrella ?

I'll ping the FAA so we can find out.
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
Lots of agents are starting to use drones for property photographs.  Just had a photographer call me Thursday wanting to take photos of a listing of mine on Lake George.  If the photos were hired out does Realtard still get fined for using them?
Someone else do the research I'm far too lazy, plus I'm trying to get my post #s up.

The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Chris wrote
Someone else do the research I'm far too lazy, plus I'm trying to get my post #s up.
 Bro you are reminding me of the old days.

Seems like BS to prohibit commercial use of drones.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by Chris
Chris wrote
 If the photos were hired out does Realtard still get fined for using them?
According to that article in the Chronicle, Realtards can be fined in that situation.

I'll pose that question to the FAA also. Clarity people !

Which LG listing is yours ?
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
4503 Crow Point Way, up in Gull Bay.  Nice boathouse for you!
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by Snowballs
Side note. Last year about this time I met an insurance claims adjuster. We hit it off and he told me some VERY unnerving tales of some claims he investigated up on the Indian reservation that straddles the NY/Canadian border.

He went on the reservation unannounced to talk to a claimant who got extremely nervous when she answered the door.

She told him " See that barn ? That dirt road behind it leads right to the border. Any minute now there will be men coming from there. "

She said he had to leave immediately and not to stop for anything, NOTHING! on his way out. Sure enough, on his way out, ATVs and a truck with a gun mounted on back appeared hot on his tail. He gunned his truck. They sped up, too. As he approached the exit point it was partially blocked by trucks and men with rifles. He turned on his volunteer firefighter lights, laid on the horn and gunned it, narrowly getting past the blockade. When he got into town, he looked up a local policeman he knew and asked him what would have happened if he had stopped.

" They would have killed you and you never would have been found. "

Later that day, he went to a claimant's house who lived adjacent to the Indian reservation. This person told him there is constant drone flights over his farm fields at night and a lot of activity down at the river every night. He said he never goes down to the river at all anymore.
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
In reply to this post by Harvey
Hah!  Almost Harv!
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by Chris
Chris wrote
4503 Crow Point Way, up in Gull Bay.  Nice boathouse for you!
Got a link ?
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Speaking of go pros and drones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ZB_rGFyeU#t=128

And you get the Japanese school girl thing thrown in as a bonus.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor

this is happening tonight for any southpark fans. hoping its amazing!