campgottagopee
Mid season form already  ^^^^^

those doubles will really kick your behind....i know all about it
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Golf, shooting woodchucks and drinking beer

warp daddy
Camp : how's the knee coming along -- u gettin a little stronger each week ??  I think u r wise to delay the mtn biking man - mebbe road biking will be a better alternative for THIS season . It "WERKS" those tendons and muscles BUT no herky - jerky chit to mess wid !

U Gotta save that knee for The Hunt in the fall man

My old knee injury ( football ) is an achy sumbitch in the DAMP weather probably arthritic from overuse -------- but is good when its  warm like yesterday feels  great  and when i 'm in the gym. One 'o the challenges for old jockstraps eh ??
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Funny you bring that up. I never really believed the trick knee, until now. When it's warm and dry my knee feels fine but days like today (cold and rainy) it's sore.....I'm now a believer!!!

It's doing good!!! I'm doing my stretching and pounding out some good time on my stationary bike. Still looking forward to riding outside but not until Doc says it's okay, no sense in going backwards.

i had a couple beerz  Sunday while watching our sunday skins game groups come in on 18.....knee was feeling great!!!!!!! Ssssoooooooo, being the genius I am I decided to try and hit a ball, not one of my better decisions , it hurt like a bastard . guess those Docs really know what they're talking about.  Our club championship is coming up in July so I hope to be back by then. I'm sure I wont have a chance in hell of doing anything spectacular, but if I can come in the top 8 I'll qualify for the Inner Club....who the hell knows but that's what I'm shooting for.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
O hell yeah u know i GET that ; One  o my brainless moves after open heart surgery and pounding rehab for the first 6 weeks they don't want u to use your ARMS cuz the chest cut take a year to healup.  They friggen GLUE the incision up like yer  a damn UPS pkg .

Well being an 'antsy' ole bastid , i got tired o just pounding machines with my legs so i up and take out my wedges and start pitching ballz all over the back 40 ,UNBEKNOWST  to the Queen . Well she had a shitfit with me but i KNEW damn well she was laffing inside cuz she GETS it !

But i was a tad sore the next few days but  Didn't stop me ----Sometimes  ya just gotta do what you gotta do --ROFLMAO

Glad to hear yer makin progress , Lad !!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
You're one cool, dude, WARP! :).  

CAMP....I'll have a few cold ones with you...but I'm not much of a golfer or hunter.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I concur. You look yup cool in the dictionary and you'll see this picture:

marcski, i'm down with the brewski thing too!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Coming from you Two  YOUNG GUNS  i'll take that as a compliment

but actually , i AIN"T nuttin' special  just LOVE life and GOOD folks -- Like you two guys
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
"Nother beautiful day on the links , sunny BUT strong breezes raised hell today . Just finished  43/41/84 but the wind WAS a factor today . U had to either hit it low and let it run in which case finding it in the damn ginormus dandelions was a hunting adventure OR play the wind drift

But hey its always fun
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Played 36 the last two days and shot the same  score  85 each day . Yesterday was 75 just a beautiful day to out there . I had a really nice round going but screwed up 2 of the last 4 holes again with bogeys that i usually par.

Put 2 in the drink one on each of those  2 holes -- too much thinking and not enough doing  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
WooWhoo...Redneck happy hour last night...nothing better than shooting clay pigeons and drinking beer with a NRA lobbyist and a few members of the A18 Gang .....i think we gave him an education
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Finally happened today Campy : Broke that damn 80 barrier  shot a pair of 39s for a 78 . Had 9 pars , 2 birdies and 3 yep 3 penalTy strokeS too dammit :)  otherwise would have been friggen awesome !!

bUT HEY NO COMPLAINTS GLAD TO FINALLY  GO SUB 80 BEEN AFTER THAT FOR 9 YRS
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
attaBABY pardner ....wicked kewl

there's nothing better than playing good golf.....just doesn't happen too often

I have 4 9 hole rounds under my belt so far this summer....all of which have been up and down. Played tues and shot 40 on our front nine (we're par 71, 35 on the front) with 2 dubs, 1 bogie and 6 pars. Come to think of it I haven't made a birdie yet this summer...WTF????

Our Member Guest is comming up in 2 weeks so my first 18 hole round will be then....good thing I have a horse as a partner
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
Sorry to hijack the thread Camp but how's the knee?
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Hey now that's pretty good shootin for a dude coming off a trick knee ;).   Glad to hear ur out there my man

ALL the BEST to ya for a great summer Camp !
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Noah John
What up Noah!!

Knee is comming along, errrr, slowly, and I'm getting very impatient with it. As long as I'm riding (been riding my bike more than I ever thought I would), golfing, drinking or shootin stuff it feels great. When I stop all of that it tightens up and gets sore, not painful, just sore and tight. Tight like I wish it had a grease fitting..that would help. From what my Doc and others are telling me that could last for up to a year, that's gonna suck if that's the case, but whatever....i can deal. That's the negative, the positive is I've dropped some poundage and I'm REALLY looking forward to this years ski season (that comes after deer season ya know) cause I'm in the best shape I've been in for at least 10 years. Guess good things do come out of knee surgery
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by warp daddy
Right back atcha bro
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Yeah injuries have a way of refocusing our attention on things we may have ignored or taken for granted.  It's not at all weird to emerge stronger from an injury.  You'll be fine Camper!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Yeah camptight-N-lite!  My knee was never tight but I went the real man route and replaced w/ my own tissue!  HA!

Noah recovered nicely from his wintertime WF wreck.  And we'll know in a couple weeks if he's fully recovered from his summer time WF wreck!!    

Tell the story! Tell the story!!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Noahhhhhhhh...let's hear the story buddy...spill it!!!!! If not TJ will tell on U in a second
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
my knee definitely had a weird soreness to it for a good year.