Gore Dec 29th

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gore Dec 29th

Powderqueen
I can't believe no one posted a TR for Saturday. WOW, that was an incredible day. Fresh snow all day long. It just kept falling and we were in the fluff in the trees all day long. Epic day.

Got into trees on Burnt Ridge early with lots of fresh.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore Dec 29th

CUontheslopes131
I skied Gore on Saturday as well and it was incredible - one of the better eastern ski days I've had in a long time. We got first tracks for the season down Sagamore (my first time on the Burnt Ridge Quad). I actually was a bit disappointed - the trail doesn't have very much pitch at all - more an easy blue than a black except for 3 short pitches. That notwithstanding, the snow was great all day. I enjoyed popping into Tahawus Glades from the top of the Burnt Ridge Quad, which was a nice shortcut back to the main face.

Oddly enough, I had about 8" of snow on my car in the parking lot (more fell up top), but the snow report listed 2" the night before and only 6" at the end of the day. Could it be the world's first under-reporting?!
Reply | Threaded
|

Powderqueen
That storm dropped over 10" of snow throughout the day and into the night. Best conditions I've seen in a long time in the east. Just what we needed.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I'm counting it as ten. Best I can figure Gore counted 8 on the 29th and 2 more on 30th (overnight).  I think.  50 inches for by New Years.. Gore will take that any time.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
I was at GP in the evening, I had to work to get New Year's Eve off. I couldn't resist lapping skier's right of Fields even though it was closed, it was awesome. SP threatened to clip my season's pass, he let me go with a warning. On my last lift ride, I passed above the same SP. I asked him if he knows Frank, he said yes. I asked him if he knows him as AC, he just laughed and said yes. It's been an awesome week at Greek. Heading to Platty tomorrow. Looking forward to hitting Gore this year, I'm holding two vouchers.

Skied GP today, highlights were, Mars Hill glade, Zeus, and Olympian. Lots of snow still in the Mars Hill glade, steep section not scraped off. Zeus and Olympian were tagged with thin and bare signs, but skied great, soft snow, zero ice, easily avoidable bare spots.
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
Great pics - thanks. The snow was so nice both Sat and Sun.
Reply | Threaded
|

Powderqueen
I skied with AC today and he was informed about your encounter w SP on Fields. ;-)